Hello from around Dallas

Truik

Hi, everyone!

I love kayaking and hiking and wandering and photography and amateur astronomy and, naturally, it seems as though metal detection goes along with all my other hobbies so well. It's just one of those things I've always wanted to try. I'm torn between something a little less expensive (Garrett Ace 400) and something a little more expensive (Garrett AT Pro) but experience has always taught me to go with the better one because the quality will always pay off in the long run. Having said that, I'm always open to suggestions.

I look forward to gleaning a lot of great information off of the gurus in here and thanks for taking the time to read this!

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Well, from what I hear on the forum the AT Pro is very popular, this AT Pro video series might be of help, here is part 1 of a 4 part series they made, after part 1 you should see where you can click for part 2 and so on -

I used to live in Dallas and had a great time hunting parks there. Most of them are full of a lot of stuff, mostly clad and junk jewelry but always interesting. AT Pro would be a good machine to use, as would many others. Whichever one you get your success depends on your learning to use it as much as the machine itself. Best of luck.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Well, from what I hear on the forum the AT Pro is very popular, this AT Pro video series might be of help, here is part 1 of a 4 part series they made, after part 1 you should see where you can click for part 2 and so on -

Thanks for the video!

Welcome from west Michigan! AT Pro amigo! you can't go wrong on that one especially if you want to use it in the water.

Welcome from west Michigan! AT Pro amigo! you can't go wrong on that one especially if you want to use it in the water.

That's definitely the plan. I like to kayak up to remote areas on the edge of the local lakes, or even remote little islands when the water is low, and see what I can find.

Truik, Welcome to the forum! If you purchase the Ace 400, you would soon want to upgrade to the ATP. It's a far more versatile machine than the 400. As you say, spend a little more now.

You are thinking right there Truik...step up to the Pro...This Sport, unlike any other, actually delivers some payback for errant Planet wanderers!! The Pro has a following of satisfied hunters spanning a whole lot of Metal detecting subset genres...Its an infield performer!

The dirt hunting modern parkies pay for their rig in clad alone!...Not to mention the waterbaby gold hunters, or the old silver sniffers, or the relic rascals!...

So its not like your 'money spent' on an AtPro is wasted with no return possibilities like a bowling ball, pool cue, bass boat, fishing tackle, or a set of golf clubs! No, this Sport is entirely different! Get the Pro!..Even after several years its still maintains a decent street value, even with modest finds you will at the very least break even!!...Try that with a Stratos or a set of golf clubs or a bowling ball, or even a 401K!!!:laughing:

In Dallas here! If you wanna give an AT Pro or a Bounty Hunter Plat a try before buying lemme know! Got both up and running now but the BH Plat is going to my sister for Christmas to get her started detecting. You can't go wrong with an AT Pro though, been using one myself over a year now. Message me and we'll let you try them out, and welcome to the forum!
:welcome2:

That's definitely the plan. I like to kayak up to remote areas on the edge of the local lakes, or even remote little islands when the water is low, and see what I can find.

sinkers, lots and lots of sinkers. You will never have to buy another sinker.

I went with the ATPro with kayaking trips in mind, but spend most of my time clad-stabbing the local park.

Back
Top Bottom