Hi, all from snowy SE PA.

wkoffke

I'm new to the forum & old to metal detectors and in general. Never owned a commercial unit. Built 2: One from Pop Tronics 50+ years ago which was good as a stud finder. Second was a BFO single coil from another electronic magazine 40 ish year ago. Back then didn't have the cash for commercial units. I'm going to start small with the 9 functions Harbor Freight.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Not sure if the 9 function is better or about the same as the Tracker IV in performance, but if you are on a tight budget and just want a good starter detector for a low price you can consider the "Bounty Hunter Tracker IV".

Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon that can be printed from their web site, but don't print it too soon before going to buy it as it's only good for so many days after the date it is printed.

(with the coupon you can get the Tracker IV for about $66)

(Looks like SE PA should have several "Hobby Lobby" stores accord to their store finder)

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Kids-Crafts-Activities/Science-Educational/Tracker-IV-Metal-Detector/p/27250

hobbylobbytk4.jpg

The BH Tracker IV is a really good budget level detector, a great deal for the low price, I found a good video someone made to help those who are new to the Tracker IV -

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Review Demonstration and How To Operate

Welcome from West Chester. I'd have to endorse the first respond-er. Much better to get a detector with a well known name. Warranty issues etc. You want to get a decent enough machine so as not to get frustrated right off the bat. Where about's in SE PA ?
I as well built my first two detectors, back in the day. Heath Kits.
Great forum here. Tons of advice and help.

Back
Top Bottom