fisher repairs

garviso8

Elite Member
just wondering if any body else has sent anything to fisher for repairs ? i sent my cz-21 beach machine back in November and was told that they were moving and it could take till sometime in January to check it out . as beach season has died down a bit I said ok but is it customary to basically shut down your repairs department for so long a time ? is this standard operating procedure ? it seems like poor customer service ,if I knew this ahead of time I probably wouldn't have sent it to them maybe try kellyco. just reaching out to the community to check this out .:?:

Fisher f4

A few years back my F4 started acting up , i contacted them sent in it and it was back in about 1 week, with a new circut board and new coil both were defective.

First Texas Products - who make Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter - have recently completed a new 100,000 ft facility down the road from their current one. They are in the process of moving from the current one to the new one. The whole factory is being moved, including the repair and test facility.

It’s a one-time thing and the CZ-21 requires pressure testing after service.

just wondering if any body else has sent anything to fisher for repairs ? i sent my cz-21 beach machine back in November and was told that they were moving and it could take till sometime in January to check it out . as beach season has died down a bit I said ok but is it customary to basically shut down your repairs department for so long a time ? is this standard operating procedure ? it seems like poor customer service ,if I knew this ahead of time I probably wouldn't have sent it to them maybe try kellyco. just reaching out to the community to check this out .:?:
Yes and they rock! I sent my f70 in for depth issues, and they reconnected some items replaced the face plate and didn't charge me a penny! Felix was very helpful.:excited:

CZ20/21's are a different breed of cat when you send one in.....pressure rated to 250', so they require some special rebuild attention......The Question is, who dives that deep? The Incredible Mr Limpet? Anyway, I sent in a CZ 20 and got back the CZ21...cost me @ $400 I remember..and like the boys said, Felix took good care of me throughout the process...

Still though, it sorta chapped my @ss...Why did a damn heavy thing rated for 250' fail for a guy wading in fresh water up to his belly button? I guess its my fault for having short legs?

They do find gold though, salt or fresh, undeniably..Norm Garnush's writings about this rig are a good study...so are Scubadees posts...Hope it all works out well for you Garviso8....One things for sure, a guy cannot lose any Prime Time hunting for a lengthy factory repair job no matter the excuse!...a guy may as well get a damned old beach rake! :laughing:

I have had both my CZ-6 and Telknetics Eurotek repaired with excellent results. My only problem was when FedEx left an attempt to delivery notice on my apartment mailbox without even seeing if i was home (Which I was). I had to take off from work to catch her before it was sent back.

Last edited:
Though that seems like a pretty long time to shut down their repair facility, they may not have the logistics chops to pull off a sequential tear-down/bring-up required to achieve what you want. Like you said, you don't need it right away, so let it spend some vacation time back with its family. Everyone needs time home during the holidays.
:xmas:

Back
Top Bottom