A ring that loves me?

TK-421

Like many of y'all, I had high hopes for this past week's supermoon tide cycle. And like many of y'all's beaches, my favorite ones were badly sanded in. I put in a solid night-hunt at both of my go-to spots and found little more than some change and a couple scraps of silver.

So it was time to try a new spot! There are a number of farther-away beaches I've been meaning to hit on a good tide, so I chose a promising target and hit it two nights in a row. While it did take me a little while to get the lay of the land, I finally managed to persuade the new beach to forfeit a bit of it's treasure.

Notables--

18k- It's small but thick, and marked "Au750"

Pt950- DE BEERS! - This one surprised me! It's a fairly thin band but it's got some good platinum weight to it (at least 4 grams). Inside is a diamond and "DE BEERS 950" along with a serial #, platinum and DB hallmarks, and an inscription -- "I Love U" and MY INITIALS! :shock: Seriously! I found a ring with my own initials on it! How cool is that!?! What's more cool is that this ring retails for more than 10 times its melt value. Yowzer!

Silver 950 Chain- First time finding Silver 950. It's made by a high-end Japanese designer and sells for 100 times its melt value! Yep, somebody doled out a pile of yen for an ordinary silver chain (with only a tag, not even a proper pendant) and then lost it on a beach. Boggles the mind, doesn't it?:?:

Other 925s- Big plain ring, little earring, almost-broken toe-ring.

So yeah-- a total of 4 nights of sanded-in conditions and cold, windy, rainy weather that forced me to re-engineer my entire hunting attire/footwear configuration for survival. I may have hoped for more treasure (don't we all?), but I'm pretty satisfied with some good finds and a fancy ring that says it loves me...

...if only it fit. :laughing:

Attachments

• Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 426
  • Pt950.jpg
    Pt950.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 422
  • 18k.jpg
    18k.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 419
:dingding: Congrats on an awesome assortment of goodies! Who says it doesn't fit? Looks like it fits just fine to me! ;)

Still keeping up the image of the islands! Some Very Nice treasures!

Now that is some awesome finds! Congrats TK and that Pt ring was clearly meant for you! Keep up the good work and hit those new beaches. Its what I have to do here to keep the precious metals flowing.

Great hunting Congrats!! :wow: :cool:
Sometimes you have to move to find the happening places, Beachhopper. aawise.jpg

:thumbsup: Awesome finds! Those 'de beer' rings aren't cheap!

Arigato yo! Yeah, the markup for their brand name is insane! :lol:

Congrats on another fine hunt TK! Those markings on that 18K ring look impressive- looks high quality. :yes:

Seriously! I've never found a ring with more markings. I think the "VCA" stands for Van Cleef & Arpels. But I couldn't find a matching ring that they sell, unless it's this one and the mother of pearl clover thingy got ripped off (I did double-check the area after digging out the ring, so if it must have happened a while ago). It does have a gouge on one side, so it's possible. This one sold for an utterly ridiculous $5000.

Attachments

• vca.jpg
    vca.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 113
Still keeping up the image of the islands! Some Very Nice treasures!

Yep! There's gold on these beaches for the persistent and the lucky! :D
Arigato!

Amazing finds, you knocked it out of the park on that hunt!

Thanks zeemang-san! :grin:

holy cow :shock: home run in my book :D silver gold and platinum dang wtg :wow:

Yep- it was a lot of work, but worth it! Arigato!:D

Nice finds..love the rings

Yeah! Nothing like a sparkling ring in the scoop! :yes:

Its a sign! You and this Sport were MFEO! That is very cool!

Hehe, I agree! When I was three my neighbor spilled some coins in the grass near our apartment and I became convinced that coins and treasures came from the ground if I looked hard enough. 30 years later and I'm back at it again! I guess it was meant to be!

Your smokin it.

Arigato yo!

Awesome recoveries!!! That plat can only fit my sausage fingers, so stand by for a PM with my address.....:laughing:

Hahahahaha. :lol:

Now that is some awesome finds! Congrats TK and that Pt ring was clearly meant for you! Keep up the good work and hit those new beaches. Its what I have to do here to keep the precious metals flowing.

Arigato Numil-san! I'm definitely planning to keep on switching things up. Each time there's a good negative tide I try to hit at least one new-to-me beach (and usually an old favorite or two). There are definitely a lot more on my list to try!

Great hunting Congrats!! :wow: :cool:
Sometimes you have to move to find the happening places, Beachhopper. View attachment 401606

Arigato, Irons-sensei! I will heed your teachings. :D

Wow...you had a 'ringer' of a day! Congrats...

Yep- rings always bring a smile to my face! Well, except for the junk metal ones. I do get a fair few of those...
Arigato, ne!

Great hunting TK-421! Congrats on the gold and platty! Daaaaaaa Beers :D

Hahaha, yeah, this is definitely the only way I'll ever come by something as hoity-toity as De Beers!

Nice finds!!!!

Arigato!

Well, that's it for my 2017 finds. Heading off to Americaland for obligatory visiting of relatives for the holidays. I very much enjoyed my first year metal detecting and I'm looking forward to the negative tides of 2018!

Back
Top Bottom