Good News & Bad News....Bad News Is I Stepped In Stinky Doggy-Do :bonk. The Good News Is....Check It Out ->

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
leducall.jpg

I headed out with my usual Tuesday hunt with my buddy. We met at Subway for breakfast, then headed out to a couple of places for a hunt. Go figure, I just put some nice goose fat on my hiking shoes, and squish.....into the doggy doo I did step. It took a good hour to get that stuff off my sole.

On a positive note, we had an excellent day! We both got some oldies and silver. Here is my portion using the AT Pro with the 9" x 12" concentric coil.

leducrounds.jpg

I found a nice variety of shotgun shells, as can be seen on the head-stamps. Also got a musket ball.

leduccoins.jpg

Here's my older coins. I got my first 1895 Indian head for this year. They are pretty rare around Edmonton. Also got my first real old token..."GOOD FOR ONE TUNE." My other buddy Scott works for the CPR and I dug up a nice lead seal from the same railroad.

dogtag.jpg

It's been years since I found a pocket watch fob. However, I did get one today. :) A nice all leather coat button shoew up on an old trail, and a rabies tag from several years ago.

Below are by buddy's best finds using his GTI 1500.

Attachments

• gti finds.jpg
    gti finds.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 627
Great finds! I love the variety that you have here. Great variety of headstamps too! Love the Dominion one. Is it a common find up there? I rarely see Canadian headstamps posted, with the exception of the occasional C-I-L. As usual, you do an excellent job with your pics too!

Congratulations!
Doug

Wow what a haul! I know what's like stepping in dog doo doo. Last year sometime I knelt in some dog poo and it got on my knee - but I was rewarded with a silver quarter in the scorching summer heat. My jeans still haven't forgiven me.

Great Display

You have done well dispite the misplacement of the foot..However..look at a brighter side. You could have knelt down in it. Nice finds.congrats.

Great finds! I love the variety that you have here. Great variety of headstamps too! Love the Dominion one. Is it a common find up there? I rarely see Canadian headstamps posted, with the exception of the occasional C-I-L. As usual, you do an excellent job with your pics too!

Congratulations!
Doug

Dominion headstamps are the most common finds, although there are many others. There were a lot of US people on their way up north for the gold rush who passed through Edmonton, so IH's, Wheats are quite common.

Wow what a haul! I know what's like stepping in dog doo doo. Last year sometime I knelt in some dog poo and it got on my knee - but I was rewarded with a silver quarter in the scorching summer heat. My jeans still haven't forgiven me.

I don't know what exactly they put in dog food, but YIKES! it sure stinks.

Dominion headstamps are the most common finds, although there are many others. There were a lot of US people on their way up north for the gold rush who passed through Edmonton, so IH's, Wheats are quite common.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. I always like hearing and seeing the different varieties of headstamps that are found in different parts of the world.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom