New to the forum: Wylie Texas...

culcuhain

I picked a up a cheap (EFX Cyclone) for my 5 year old to help me all the metal stakes from our Christmas inflatables. He found all the missing ones in under 2 minutes. 😁 Since then we have visited 3 parks. Found about $3.00 in change, a Hasbro NFL coin, a cheap costume jewelry earring and what has tested to be silver, a 2.6g pendant. He is hooked. I am out walking and the kiddo is learning And having fun!

Last edited:
Hello From Abilene

Glad to see you are getting into hobby. It's a great way to spend quality time with your son. New to it myself. Been at it for a little over a year now. I am working at Dyess AFB here in Abilene. I am staying right across from Wylie high school. Send me a pm if you want to get together for a hunt or have any questions. This forum is awesome! There are lots of folks on here that have a ton of experience and can help you get started. Happy hunting and wish you and your son good luck!

Pennyrich, I am actually in St. Paul Tx (1100 people next to Wylie. We are close to Country Club and Park, just down the street from Wylie HS. Let me see what the wife has planned for this up coming weekend and the weather. Kiddo likes to swing the MD for a bit then plays on the playground and comes over to dig the hits. 😁

That sounds like fun spending time with your son and teaching him how to use his detector. I'm sure down the road, he'll want a better detector. The AT PRO would be a good one for him if he sticks with it. Easy to use and a good machine. I started with the ATP and found lots of stuff. GL & HH.

Welcome from South Carolina! My son and I detect and prospect together, always a great bonding experience and he will always cherish the memories.

Welcome to the forum from

Attachments

• fmdfwelcome.gif
    fmdfwelcome.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Kentucky.png
    Kentucky.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom