Pants With knee Pad pockets

Silversmith45

Elite Member
Does anyone use pants that have pockets for knee pads? I have always thought that they would be good since most knee pads are always sliding down and have to be readjusted. If so, what are good ones and where do yo find them?

I've never seen a pair of pants with those but you can always mod a pair of pants with snap fasteners or Velcro then mod a pair of kneepads with snap fasteners or Velcro. the snap fasteners might poke into your knee if you kneel when you're not wearing the kneepad so I'm not sure that would be a good idea

picture.php

Does anyone use pants that have pockets for knee pads? I have always thought that they would be good since most knee pads are always sliding down and have to be readjusted. If so, what are good ones and where do yo find them?

Duluth trading firehose cargo pants! Have 3 pairs and love them! Kneepads are removeable, you buy them separate ($10) and they work great! They have pockets galore and are very durable.

I do Mr Silver. I have for years, absolutely love them. They never slide down, they never crunch up behind your knees. When the pants get filthy, pull out the pads and wash. Now I bought the pants without the pads and fashioned my own. I've used neoprene and etho foam. You can also buy a set from the manufacturer. Once you try them, you'll never go back. Extremely comfortable. Mine are Duluth Trading Company Fire Hose Work Pants. They have a heavy grade and a pair I think they call "Lite Weights". I've have both. I'd recommend the lites. At first I thought the lites would wear out, but they haven't yet (couple years now). I also recommend getting the Duluth suspenders with them. Your pants will never droop, slide etc. Much more comfortable than a belt. Just Google "Duluth Trading Company" they're under "work pants" you can't go wrong with these great pants.

Yes..
I use the Propper bdu's. They are available in different camo styles maybe solid colors too.. not sure though.. They have the knee pockets for the insertion of pads. If you are going to by some.. be sure that have that option some do and others only have reinforced knees.

For detecting in the desert we use Carhartt double front work pants, open the top seam and drop in a couple layers of yoga mat. Works very well! For regular detecting like yards and stuff probably a little overkill...

I purchased a couple of different pair off of Fleabay. LOVE THEM. Wont hunt without them, lol. Saves the knees in my jeans and you don't get your pants all wet if there is dew or moisture on the ground. I recommend the investment to everybody. Once you use them you will wonder how you got along without them. Just my opinion of course.

I've seen the ones from Duluth and was wondering how well they held up. Thanks for the info.

Happy you posted this. I was needing a new pair of hunting pants, the hole on my left knee is getting pretty big. Saw the replies and ordered the one from Duluth. Won't be delivered until after Christmas but that's ok.

I ordered the Duluth Firehose cargo pants. Took a while to get them because of the holidays. They came marked the size I ordered but they measured the next size larger both in the waist and inseam. I called and sent them back and they will send out a replacement when they receive them. Hope they are sized correctly this time.
They appear to be very nice but could do with out about half of the extra pockets and flaps.

Duluth trading firehose cargo pants! Have 3 pairs and love them! Kneepads are removeable, you buy them separate ($10) and they work great! They have pockets galore and are very durable.

I second that! I used to use the strap-on knee pads and the elastic would bite into me something fierce. There is such a huge difference with these pants, you don't have to adjust the pads, they are perfectly positioned and provide all the protection you need. Great investment!

Check-out this place for Metal Detecting clothing

Here's a place to get great pants for metal detecting. I have several pairs for years now. They also offer pants with pocketed knees for pads to be inserted too, plus they have great sales all the time.

LAPOLICEGEAR

I'm leery about putting the actual short-cut... don't want to cause any problems.

Gerry

I just started wearing duluth pants. I doubt I will ever wear them out!! I wear the trim fit but they are not the skinny jeans everyone thinks of, they are cut smaller compared to regular cut duluth which are pretty big.

Keep in mind they are designed to be roomy which means they are bigger than levies, etc...

Go to Baysinger up by St Francis and check out their 5.11 brand cargo pants. A bit pricey but they have big pockets and knee pad pockets also. I have about 20 pair and they're great!

I posted earlier abut getting the Duluth Firehose cargo pants. they came in a size larger than the label said. returned them for exchange. The second pair came in, also a size larger than the labels said. I just returned them for a refund. Not gonna play that game anymore.

Back
Top Bottom