Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Colonial Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 11:03 AM

Default Roughly how deep does the Tesoro Golden Umax detect . . .

Roughly how deep does the Tesoro Golden Umax detect, say a nickel, dime or quarter?

I realize there are different soils in different areas of the U.S.A. But for medium type soil, about how deep does the Golden Umax go on coins with the stock coil?

Old 11-16-2017, 01:21 PM

Don’t know.... all I have is a Garrett at pro:/ sorry

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:22 AM

I can't say about the Gold Umax, however I did have a silver Umax some time ago and never found anything deeper than about 6-7". Hope that helps.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:19 AM

My Golden microMax in mild to medium soil gets 6" to 8" with stock coil.
I've heard some claim 9" to 10" on a quarter in mild soil....mine is about 7" to 8".

Cheers,

Bob.

Originally Posted by Tony (Michigan) View post
Roughly how deep does the Tesoro Golden Umax detect, say a nickel, dime or quarter?

I realize there are different soils in different areas of the U.S.A. But for medium type soil, about how deep does the Golden Umax go on coins with the stock coil?

Old 11-19-2017, 09:37 AM
Supporter

I have no idea about the Tesoro but something to keep in mind is soil conditions. The answers you may get may not be what it will do in your soil. I say this because I discovered how much soil plays in to it by accident. My deus will barely hit a 10 inch clad quarter in my yard but when I went to my buddys test garden 3 miles away it slammed a 13 inch quarter that he called an impossible target.

On a side note, there is history on his land so now I have to talk him into letting me clean the deep stuff out that he likely missed!

Clad (2015/16)=149.45 (2017)=$14.44 Rings=8 Silver Coins=41 IH=19 Oldest coin=1723 Sterling =8 gold=1

Old 11-21-2017, 03:40 PM

I had the Original golden and hit dimes at around 7 inches in New England which is just as good as my other detectors did around here but you had to listen for those because it was a soft tone when that deep.
The thing I liked about the Golden is when it hit on Silver it would give you a warmer TONE letting you know you found silver.