Coin Planter

CoinKiller

My club is going to have its first seeded silver hunt. I haven't seen any pictures of coin planters, but am told they exist. Can anyone post a picture of one. It would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Coin Killer

Our club is having its first next month.
We will be making slits with a knife and pushing them in an inch or two.
No big digging required;)

I seen some sort of 'seeded hunt coin planting tool' on the internet once...going from memory, it was simply a fabbed up hollow shaft device with a narrow shovel tip welded on..the guy stuck in the blade, rocked out a hole, dropped a coin down through the hollow shaft, pulled out the blade, and gave the area a stomp to seal up the sod slice..It looked pretty easy...no bending over required...

Hell, depending on the soil matrix/moisture, a fellow could pretty much just punch a hole with a bare bones rod of some sort, or about anything, and drop in a coin? Not complicated at all..

Thanks

Thanks everyone, I am attempting to Frankenstein one together. I will let you know if I have any success.

They are a pipe with a bend near end and blade attached. Quite a few of the coins still end up on the top using them. They may prevent bending over but they aren't that great IMHO. It also results in more on edge and deeper coins if not extremely careful....which negates any speed savings in planting.

Our club uses them and although they aren't the best in a hunt where thousands of coins are buried they sure are a back saver.

picture.php

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom