My first 1 Carat Diamond ring! (EDIT: Video Proof of "real")

Great ring,looks antique.:yes:

That's actually becoming a consensus... A jeweler friend saw the picture and said "antique," and I asked "how old, do you think?"

His response:
"About 30-40 years, or so."

I gotta tell you, I'm actually getting tired of my music being called "Classic Rock." And now, 30 years old is an Antique. I'm practically near death, at 42, I guess.

LOL

This thread and my gold ring last week sure makes me feel better about digging everything!

Yes it does, doesn't it? Makes me wonder what else I've missed around that electrical box. I'm totally going back there next week. There will probably only be pop tabs. :laughing:

Wow are you a jeweler? You know a lot about diamonds and the terminology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My education is derived from the University of Google. After finding about a dozen rings with diamonds in them, in the last two years, it's amazing what I've picked up...

Oh, and my son and I totally got into understanding Jewelry making, and even got a tour of one of the larger places here in town. It was fascinating. My son now wants to be a jeweler... The whole process was pretty cool.

Skippy

That's actually becoming a consensus... A jeweler friend saw the picture and said "antique," and I asked "how old, do you think?"

His response:

I gotta tell you, I'm actually getting tired of my music being called "Classic Rock." And now, 30 years old is an Antique. I'm practically near death, at 42, I guess.

LOL

I have belts in my closet THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO FIT INTO AGAIN ONE DAY that are older than you.

Youth is just wasted on the young.

I have belts in my closet THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO FIT INTO AGAIN ONE DAY that are older than you.

Youth is just wasted on the young.

And that's kind of the point I was making. Calling something 30-40 years old an "anyoque" made me laugh! I'll bet that belt is a good one, though it seems like the quality of construction of simple things, like belts, was SO much better back before we started buying everything at the lowest cost possible. Go figure!

OK, I'm sold on the idea that it's a vintage ring. Once I actually typed in "Vintage ring," and saw the styles, I can see why people made the connection. Thanks everyone for chiming in. I wouldn't have thought to check vintage stuff, without the feedback.

Cheers!

SKippy

His response:

LOL

O its not old.

Just by looking at it one can tell how "junky" it is made. It's plated. Yes it's a big FAKE.

Just by looking at it one can tell how "junky" it is made. It's plated. Yes it's a big FAKE.

You know Jkon,...Hate to say it, but It sure looks like that to me too...just a rough and plated park dropped faker.... I dont want to get all sideways here and normally just congratulate, but damn, that looks like a faker to me too!...

Have you squirted some acid on this ring Skippy? Just saying dude...I can see what Jkon is saying here, and we all are here to learn...I've been fooled so many times I guess I'm suspicious of metals until all verifying efforts are exhausted..

Those K stamps dont mean nothing..the jewelry store people havnt a clue either a lot of the times...a guy has to know...I generally just squirt a big shot of acid right on the things I find, most all of them blow up....!

2 in one week, you are on fire son!

Never seen that much detail on a real ring, let alone a fake...

<°)))>{

2 in one week, you are on fire son!

Never seen that much detail on a real ring, let alone a fake...

<°)))>{

Well...let me say..When you think about it, Probably the most difficult thing to fake is a Rolex...Yet we know that is being done so accurately that it takes a Rolex tech to discern it....If a Rolex can be faked, all those teeny tiny parts? A ring would be NO problem at all...So I'm a bit gunshy on commenting from a picture of this ring Brother Skippy found....

I sure hope its the real deal..I'd hit it with a file to see if it was plated, I'd put it on a paper plate and squirt on a big shot of acid.......Thats why a nice old plain gold band with a decent heft and hallmark is such a welcomed find...theres no doubt...Its so hard to tell from a picture or two...

Have you ever seen a CZ with a color as off white/yellow as the OP's? Not yellow enough to add value either...

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom