1st beach hunt since April...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Before work today I felt like beach hunting... I hadn't been beach hunting since April because of my menieres and today I left the house without taking my anti-vert so i ended up only hunting about 90 minutes... I enjoyed hunting the rocks with my Excal... the main beach was covered with seaweed plus it didn't impress me... add a stiff east wind and the tide barely went out so I hunted a spot that a few years ago scored that ghetto gold chain and weird 18k ring... no gold but did find 3 silver...

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 460
Congrats on the silver. I'd take a hunt like that anyday. Love those standing liberties. Someday I'll find one but doubt it will be in Hawaii.

Congrats on the silver. I'd take a hunt like that anyday. Love those standing liberties. Someday I'll find one but doubt it will be in Hawaii.

When I was in the Navy I remember finding mercs and other silver coins by Barbers Point after some sand erosion. I'm sure that there are plenty of SLQs on the islands. :yes:

Oh this is great to see.
Nicely done Craig.
Would not have been surprized to see gold in that pile;)
Next time...

Heeeee's back! Congrats on the silvers, now let's get back to disparaging my pennies! :p

Good to see the Gold is calling you again, Stay safe and look forwards to your finds!

Nice to see a post from you Craig and congrats on the silver! I like that SLQ. :yes:

Thanks George it was good to get out even though the yellow jackets were driving me crazy flying up into my face... one thing I hate about beach hunting is those things..

Thanks Numil its my second one this year... other one was from the dirt a couple months ago.

Good to get out and you nabbed some goodies too! Nice work :)

Thanks Ground... I'm looking forward to the colder months when the bugs and people are inside :D

Oh this is great to see.
Nicely done Craig.
Would not have been surprized to see gold in that pile;)
Next time...

Thanks Mike.. I was hoping as well... I have lots of local spots to hunt... one I know will hold the yellow... just waiting for colder weather and a little more sand movement.. as long as I move slowly turning my head I am ok... can't look straight up or the world spins and its not fun ;)

Heeeee's back! Congrats on the silvers, now let's get back to disparaging my pennies! :p

Thanks Felix... As to the pennies... you're happy finding them and you are doing a service to others so they don't have to deal with them :D

Good to see the Gold is calling you again, Stay safe and look forwards to your finds!

Thanks Joe... did this storm do anything for you or is it too far away?

Good to see you posting again

Thanks Metal... I have been posting but over in the dirt section because I have been hunting the dirt.

Thanks Joe... did this storm do anything for you or is it too far away?
Just made things worse, so far. I'm waiting for winter at this point or maybe a NEaster..

Good Luck to you! Always something good on your outings!

Good to see you hunting the water and posting here again. Nice silver streak there.

R5

Really happy for you Craig that things have progress well enough for you to get back into the water. I know you missed it a lot. Congrats on the Silvers and all the rest. I'd love to find a dated "17" Stander. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom