Kellyco posts, good or bad?

I don't mind them being here. I had asked why military members at APO addresses overseas don't receive free shipping(theres a few of us on here). The answer given was they ship UPS, understandable. But we pay full price USPS rates and the difference is not subtracted. I had suggested that they remedy this and they HAVE NOT!!!!

I was in over 40 yrs ago and don't remember ever having any problems with apo. But times change, and there's always some moron who figures out a way to work the system illegally and screw things up for everyone else, so this may explain why many companies avoid apo shipping. The following link actually has an explanation about fraud headed "A note about fraud".

Further, this link may (or may not) clarify a few things or help to accomplish something, I don't know.

Or perhaps it may be of interest to kellyco and give them options to reconsider.

In any event, I'm "out of the loop" now, so I don't know how much value it will have, but "submitted for your perusal":

http://www.oconus.com/ZipCodes.asp

I hope it helps in SOME way.

I never, yet, have bought from KellyCo. I don't have too. I have a local dealer that takes care of what I need at comparable prices & he's becoming a good friend. I like the shop atmosphere & the time I spend there meeting other people with like interests. I think it's a good thing for the forum for sponsors to participate in the talk. Just like the radio or TV, if you don't like the post just turn it to another thread. I'm sure that KellyCo. pays for their time here. That keeps this place afloat. That's a good thing. I for one don't have much financially to offer. So if it were a pay site I couldn't be here.
As long as sponsors don't start hijacking all the posts with sales pitches it should be a good thing or it becomes KellyCo Metal Detecting Form. That wouldn't be a good thing.
Just my clad cents worth.
Bobby in NC :hide:

I don't mind them being here. I had asked why military members at APO addresses overseas don't receive free shipping(theres a few of us on here). The answer given was they ship UPS, understandable. But we pay full price USPS rates and the difference is not subtracted. I had suggested that they remedy this and they HAVE NOT!!!!

"we take the bullets as military members...and we bite the bullets as military members" all that matters is the extra dollar that's made...pretty sad actually

Hey guys-forgive my ignorance but can you explain this a little more? I'm interested...

Drewski was talking about the shipping cost we pay as military memebers stationed overseas. We have stateside APO's rooted out of New York but manufacturers see it as a chance to blow shipping costs thru the roof. Hey Dusty I see what you mean but I have had to pay some crazy a shipping fees before. To ship a set of golf clubs from the states to my APO was 175 dollars. I bought a Sony wireless surround sound and it was 286 bucks to ship over here...

Now let's all get out there and get some dirt under our nails!

Which begs to question...do female MD'ers paint their nails or why bother?

:D

Why honey, of course we paint our nails! :sweet: That way when that mean ol' school janitor comes over to bawl us out for MDing the playground, we take off our gloves, bat our eyelashes, pat our hair (with, of course, those painted nails showing), and assure him that little ol' us would NEVER be strong enough to dig big, messy holes in his playground. (pat, pat):giggle:

Does KellyCo sell nail polish???;)

Drewski was talking about the shipping cost we pay as military memebers stationed overseas. We have stateside APO's rooted out of New York but manufacturers see it as a chance to blow shipping costs thru the roof. Hey Dusty I see what you mean but I have had to pay some crazy a shipping fees before. To ship a set of golf clubs from the states to my APO was 175 dollars. I bought a Sony wireless surround sound and it was 286 bucks to ship over here...

That's crazy! You said manufacturers-so you are saying that if you are stationed overseas it's more to get something shipped to the base than if you were a civilian in the same area?

Why honey, of course we paint our nails! :sweet: That way when that mean ol' school janitor comes over to bawl us out for MDing the playground, we take off our gloves, bat our eyelashes, pat our hair (with, of course, those painted nails showing), and assure him that little ol' us would NEVER be strong enough to dig big, messy holes in his playground. (pat, pat):giggle:

Does KellyCo sell nail polish???;)

Lololol!!!! I love it! We need to market the "Girl MDers survival kit!" thanks for the giggle!

Shipping a detector to an APO is not a problem.....It's just postage to East or West coast.....There is a limit on box size/weight but a detector doesn't fall in that category.......Been there, done that several times, to Germany, to Okinawa.....no problems

Missed the point

When I ordered my detector from KellyCo they offered free shipping. Unless you are at an APO address because they ship UPS. They charge you full price for the USPS charge, not the difference between the UPS cost and USPS cost. It is on there website you have to look a bit to find it though, and when I did my transaction online it doesn't alert you, I received an email that I need to pay another 30 something dollars in shipping.

I usually ship UPS on my stuff but all that has to be done is just go to the post office, fill out a few papers, and MAYBE, there is a $5 difference between the two carriers I've found........

I usually ship UPS on my stuff but all that has to be done is just go to the post office, fill out a few papers, and MAYBE, there is a $5 difference between the two carriers I've found........

You know that I wasnt talking about you man! I will continue to order from you for the simple reason of your prices and free shipping

Maybe something good could come from this thread if something can be done to help our military personel with the shipping costs! Personally, Thanks for your service!

I have no objections to Kellyco being here and posting. We all know they are a business, and for them to keep their doors open, they have to sell product. Granted, So & So Detectors is going to have the very same detector at pretty much the same price, and Customer Service, in my opinion, should also be considered when making a purchase.

I had an interesting situation arise with Kellyco, and Jamie solved the challenge in a blink of an eye, with no questions asked.

They are also a sponsor to this forum. And I am pretty sure Vlad and Carol also appreciate that fact.

There are a lot of very good dealers out there, no question about it, but to me, Kellyco ROCKS!!!

I have no objections to Kellyco being here and posting. We all know they are a business, and for them to keep their doors open, they have to sell product. Granted, So & So Detectors is going to have the very same detector at pretty much the same price, and Customer Service, in my opinion, should also be considered when making a purchase.

I had an interesting situation arise with Kellyco, and Jamie solved the challenge in a blink of an eye, with no questions asked.

They are also a sponsor to this forum. And I am pretty sure Vlad and Carol also appreciate that fact.

There are a lot of very good dealers out there, no question about it, but to me, Kellyco ROCKS!!!

Absolutely my pleasure. We are trying very very hard to offer WOW service to each and every customer. As I've said 1000 times we aren't perfect-but we are getting pretty darn close :) Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help you and solve your issue.

Back
Top Bottom