Diggers tv show tonight on NatGeo

Et Tu Pulltab. My memory is bad enuf I think I need a listing of members that like the show and members that don't. Can we start some kind of official listing?

If we could all agree to disagree on a tv show things would be just cool. Some people are extending this beyond the limits of reason.

For one second let's assume that they're right, that we do remove some items that could be a part of a larger area of artifacts, and if we take those items we disturb the artifact "field"

Isn't the job of an archaeologist to paint the picture "With the artifacts given" whatever that would be? :cool:

Isn't it their job to figure it out based on what IS found, not what ISNT found?

Tired of their lies about us as a group, and as stated their complete ignorance.

Yeah, I didn't like the show but to "ignore" member posts because they don't hate it is just ridiculous.

I think it COULD be a great show but if it continues I don't see them changing anything about. I for one, won't be watching further episodes.

Yeah, I didn't like the show but to "ignore" member posts because they don't hate it is just ridiculous.

I think it COULD be a great show but if it continues I don't see them changing anything about. I for one, won't be watching further episodes.

Wow Tom, you blocked me because I posted some "lingo" in the metal detecting lingo post? Funny, cause I never said I liked the show... But I just didn't cry on here like some hotrod!

I would say that ignoring others on the site for liking the show ....shows more about the character of that member than it does about the characters on the show. :yes:

For one second let's assume that they're right, that we do remove some items that could be a part of a larger area of artifacts, and if we take those items we disturb the artifact "field"

Isn't the job of an archaeologist to paint the picture "With the artifacts given" whatever that would be? :cool:

Isn't it their job to figure it out based on what IS found, not what ISNT found?

Tired of their lies about us as a group, and as stated their complete ignorance.

What gets me is how they throw these temper tantrums about historic sites. not pre-historic, but things a hundred or more years ago. Places and events that are well documented, photographed at the event, written about in books and newpapers of the time. Yet somehow these places have to be studied and excavated to learn about them? :wow: :laughing:

Like the show or not, I for one can't wait to ask the next detectorist I see on the beach if they found any juice today!:laughing:

Agree......
Sonny

Wow Tom, you blocked me because I posted some "lingo" in the metal detecting lingo post? Funny, cause I never said I liked the show... But I just didn't cry on here like some hotrod!

I would say that ignoring others on the site for liking the show ....shows more about the character of that member than it does about the characters on the show. :yes:

Can't we just go back to the "good old days" like last week before this show was aired and pretend it never happened. I am going to treat this show like a bad rash or a stabbing pain in the chest. I am going to ignore it and hope it goes away. I can't afford to lose any more brain cells over this, there's not that many left. Go ahead now and talk amongst yourselves, I am in my happy place now. :p:p:p.:lol::lol:

"I would say that ignoring others on the site for liking the show ....shows more about the character of that member than it does about the characters on the show."
If I valued your opinion I would be insulted.:yes:

OK, its another TV show..
Whether you like it or not like it, everyone has the same right as you or I to get involved in the hobby.. There is no one in the hobby to dig pull tabs... Will they be under the impression that it's easy to go out and find a Double Eagle.. I doubt it, but if that's the case then hopefully they will learn there is a lot more to it than walking out the door and and finding great stuff on every trip.. All we can do is hope they as we did find a forum and learn techniques of digging, getting permission, etc, etc.. If you don't like the show then don't watch it, you only boost their ratings when you do.. I'm not worried about this or any other show changing anything.. I think anyone that watches the show will be just like anyone else interested in the hobby, they will do their research and find forums and do their homework before getting involved.. Will they all do this, I doubt it.. But as we all know we already have many that don't. All we can do is hope they approach the hobby with the same enthusiasm and ethics I believe we all believe in.. JMO..
Sonny

I watched it and am recording the series on DVR. I am not a big fan of the two guys, but honestly what else is on TV to watch sometimes? lol I haven't been out detecting in almost 3 weeks now. Between work/weather/ home duties/and trying to sleep when I am not working, it was nice to be able to kick back and watch some digging, even if it was not how "WE" would have made the show.

People make the argument that its going to ruin the hobby. I understand your thoughts but honestly people go out and dig crappy plugs and do stuff they should not regardless of a TV show. You might say "well look at storage wars, and pawn stars, and pickers" well those types of situations people are more willing to get themselves involved in cause its how you say "normal" Honestly I can't see a bunch of people running out and buying detectors and swinging around all over after watching them. Most people would buy them, use them in there yard, be too afraid to go to a public area, and end up throwing it in the closet or on craigslist.

Just my 2 cents.

The Elitism is astounding.

Another slant on this story, I hope this hasn't already been posted ?

Archaeologists Against New Relic Hunting Shows

Forest, VA - Historic artifacts can bring in big bucks. Show likes "Diggers" on
the National Geographic channel or Spike TV's "American Diggers"
document the hunt for prized artifacts.

Read more: http://www.wset.com/story/17049315/archaeologists-against-new-relic-hunting-shows

if you think their panties are in an uproar now just wait until the show on spike airs and they see heavy equipment being used, thats the show i'm worried about giving this hobby a black eye

Don't worry I believe all public property lost on public land should be property of the public unless otherwise claimed by the individual who lost the item. I don't understand how archeologist most of whom work for private organizations and school can claim them yet we as citizens cannot. To me it seems like like a communistic way of looking at this, if all public property suddenly belonds to the government. I would blacklist all them ***** as communist and ban them from any government run or funded programs.

Back
Top Bottom