1776 William Moulton NH copper

william moulton coin

I found the same coin ,but in silver 20 years ago and i still have it.

chapel679

I have the same coin found in Columbia , louisiana. My son in laws father had a mech. shop on top of a hill, and when it rained he would go out and pick up nuts and bolts. Found it in a washout. There was a Colonial settlement at the bottom of the hill.Let me know what you find out about the 1776 W. M. pine tree coin. GOOD LUCK Leon Duchesne Monroe Louisiana

I too am thinking it's a remake. It just kind of has that look. But I do hope it is real. Wether it is or not, still cool find!!

I pretty sure it's a fake, not a copy. Check out the pictures of the real thing and you can see quite a difference.

boy sure funny how everyone has seem to find or have one but you don't see alot of pictures of any.:lol::lol: as for the first one it is clearly a cast copy and not a struck coin.

If it is truly authentic, it could go for millions at auction. I would send it in to be professionally graded. See what they come back with. If they say its real, its real, if they say its a fake, it most likely is, but not always. They are human and humans could be wrong, don't dump it even if they say its a fake. New research information could come up later on in life later proving it to be real. I have a coin similar to that where if real would be worth millions, but internet research shows it to be a replica from the 1900's, however who knows.

Is that the same coin that is supposed to be, or just recently was on a new episode of pawn stars?

The one on Pawn Stars was a Paul Revere one - same type with a tree and all that though. It ended up being fake on there.

1776 w m

where in Louisiana did you find your coin.Son in law find one in Columbia Louisiana

I have the same coin. 1776 William Moulton. I wonder how many more are out there? I was looking up some history on this coin and came across this forum.

If you look underneath the "roots" of the tree, you'll see the letter "C". This stands for "Copy".

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom