A weather "event" here in the south...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I woke up to this, nobody expected a snow storm for today or at least nobody warned me.
It is covering the cars, sticking to the lawns now, some bridges and overpasses are getting a bit slick and schools are closing all over the place.
I wanted to watch the Today show but all local stations are in emergency mode covering this "storm".
They are calling this heavy snowfall, I guess for here it is.
1-3" of the white stuff expected till later today when it turns to rain and should get rid of most of it pretty quick.

Funny...back in Michigan this is a relatively nice spring day, here it freaking everybody out.
Perception is everything.

Attachments

• photostudio_1512740019270.jpg
    photostudio_1512740019270.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 224
  • photostudio_1512740996152.jpg
    photostudio_1512740996152.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 235
:rofl: It looks about the same out my window, only you don't have the 18°F temp and 15mph wind to go along with it down there. :cold1:

It's a pretty rude change from the mid 50's we had earlier in the week, but we feel lucky to have had such nice weather this late in the year.

I grew up in Maryland and while our winters may have been tame compared to Michigan we did have times where the snow would come up to the roof of the car and you would spend about 3 hours digging your car out of the snow and many people would still drive once the plows eventually got to the side streets.

There was one year though that things were so bad they pull the transit buses off the city streets and I saw someone using skis to travel the streets :lol:

I know what you mean about the south though, my wife and I moved to South Carolina about 12 years ago and even the "chance" of "brief flurries" is talked about on the local news like an "event" to watch for :lol:

It's probably good that they close things down in the south for what would be considered minor snow up north as many people in the south are not used to driving in the snow and are better off staying home.

Reminded me of one of the highlights of being a kid up north was when they were calling for a heavy snow storm to listen on the radio early the next morning hoping to hear "Baltimore County Schools are closed today" :lol:

:lotsasnow::snowman3: :snowing: :sledding: :snowballfight: :snowshovel::snowtruck:

Still coming down, every few years we get this...kids love it, especially the young ones that haven't seen snow before.
Some nice picture taking opportunities, anyway.

Attachments

• photostudio_1512747402305.jpg
    photostudio_1512747402305.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 191
  • photostudio_1512747429413.jpg
    photostudio_1512747429413.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 189
We didn't have enough moisture in the air for snow here in W. Tn so we sent it your way... lol

Do the people there know how to drive on snow? you should have stayed in Kansas. No snow, just cold. It's supposed to warm up again on Sunday.

Getting our first snow of the year here in East TN as well. Started about an hour ago.

Do the people there know how to drive on snow? you should have stayed in Kansas. No snow, just cold. It's supposed to warm up again on Sunday.

Most here don't know how to drive on a nice dry sunny day so in snow or ice...nope.

It was funny, at 7am the news didn't report any accidents at all but lots of schools and other businesses closed so there was less traffic out there.
About an hour later more people got out and the accident reports started rolling in.
By 9am the news I was watching said there was so many accidents being reported in so many different cities and areas all police departments couldn't keep up.
That's when they started closing roads on some of the steeper inclines and hills but by then it was too late.

The people here don't have any winter driving skills which is to be expected but because common sense is lacking here they get out and drive anyway and so now we have chaos.
Happens every time we get even a little snow or ice on the roads.

The good thing is by tomorrow afternoon it should all be melted away and just a memory.
Except for the idiots that wrecked up their cars, that is.

Still coming down pretty good and supposed to continue until around 6am tomorrow. The good news is at least it should melt pretty quickly. Today the high was just 34, but tomorrow it’s supposed to get into the lower 40s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya all just neeed to get the dogs out of the pen and hook up and get use to saying "Hush you Muskies" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom