Cartoon

Lowjiber

Forum Supporter

Attachments

• tundra1.jpg
    tundra1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 780
Ricko, did you know that at one time, Kitsap County used to have more black bear per acre than any county in the Northwest? And in Kitsap County, Ohlala, just north of Gig Harbor had the most black bears! Some of the biggest Black Bear taken on the books were from Kitsap County. Good thing we can't use dogs or bait them anymore, due to the decreasing population. I'm getting used to seeing them now on the road home and in some of the parks. Tends to make you look over you shoulder when in the woods, especially if you know what your looking at or when you realize your not alone anymore. I can't remember how many times I have been in the local woods around me, (Kitsap County) and know your being watched. I guess what makes my legs shake is when you come across fresh dung iin the road with bells in it.

Gander, you are so right. I have had a few experiences in the Cascades that give pause.... once a bear trundled right by me..not 25 yards away... never saw me... he was on a mission... must have had food on his mind. Another time, I was sitting on a ledge, late afternoon, when I heard a stirring beneath me... then a throaty growl.. slowly peered over the edge, and a big, male cougar came out of his daytime resting place... looked around, then slowly moved off down the slope... he never saw me either. Kinda glad in both cases. RickO

Back
Top Bottom