An insult to "cool" cars

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
by including some of these in a list containing the word "cool". Im surprised the Oscar-Meyer wiener car isn't included :roll:

I counted 10 cars I'd consider "cool". Along with the Vanishing Point (original) Challenger era, James Taylors '55 Chevy should have been mentioned, as well as the '66 Impala from Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry, and the '57 Chevy (PHRs Project X) from Hollywood Knights, Milner's '32 Ford Coupe from American Graffitti......I could go on.

Best movie car of all time is..?

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/02/best-movie-car-all-time-is.html

James Bond’s Aston Martin DB5 (seven James Bond movies to date)

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang – Customised Paragon Panther (Chitty
Chitty Bang Bang)

Doc Brown’s DeLorean – 1981 De Lorean DMC-12 Back to the Future
Trilogy)

Herbie – 1963 Model 117 Volkswagen Type 1 Beetle (Five Herbie
movies including ‘The Love Bug’)

Batmobile/Tumbler (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight)

James Bond’s Lotus Esprit S1 (James Bond – The Spy Who Loved Me)

Greased Lightning – 1948 Ford De Luxe (Grease)

Charlie’s getaway Minis – 1968 Austin Mk I Mini Cooper S (The
Italian Job)

Ford Mustang GT Fastback (Bullitt)

1960’s Batmobile – Customized 1954 Lincoln Futura (Batman: The
Movie)

Tim Burton’s Batmobile (Batman, Batman Returns)

The Bluesmobile – 1974 Dodge Monaco with police package (The Blues
Brothers)

Ecto-1 – 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor (Ghostbusters)

Bumblebee’ – 1977/2009 Chevrolet Camaro (Transformers)

Louise’s Thunderbird – 1966 Ford Thunderbird (Thelma & Louise)

Iron Man’s Audi R8 (Iron Man)

Mr. Frye’s Ferrari – 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder SWB
(Ferris Bueller’s Day Off)

Bandit’s Trans Am – 1977 Pontiac Trans Am (Smokey and the Bandit)

Robocop’s 6000 SUX (Robocop)

Christine – 1958 Plymouth Fury (Christine)

Dodge Charger (The Fast and The Furious)

1969 Mustang (John Wick)

44 Toyota Supra Mark IV (The Fast and The Furious)

‘Eleanor’ – 1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Gone in 60 Seconds)

Iron Man’s Acura NSX Roadster concept (Avengers Assemble)

Lola – 1962 Chevrolet Corvette belonging to S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
Phil Coulson (Avengers Assemble)

The taxi (Taxi Driver)

Ben’s Alfa Romeo – 1966 Alfa Romeo 1600 Spider Duetto (The
Graduate)

Shaggin’ Wagon – 1984 Ford Econoline (Dumb and Dumber)

Marie’s 1989 Mini (The Bourne Identity)

Dodge Challenger R/T (Vanishing Point)

Ryan Gosling’s 1973 Chevrolet Chevelle (Drive)

The Gigahorse (Mad Max: Fury Road)

Buck’s P*&^y Wagon – 1997 Chevrolet C-2500 Silverado Fleetside
(Kill Bill)

Fozzie’s uncle’s Studebaker – 1951 Studebaker Commander (The
Muppet Movie)

Pursuit Special – Modified 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Coupe (Mad Max)

The Dude’s Gran Torino – 1973 Ford Gran Torino (The Big Lebowski)

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T (Vanishing Point, Death Proof)

Garth’s Mirth Mobile – 1976 AMC Pacer (Wayne’s World)

Hank Pym’s Triumph Spitfire (Ant-Man)

So we're all in agreement?

:laughing:

iu

I CAN'T STAND that movie Christine. Destroying nice old Plymouth Belvederes like that. I won't ever watch it again. Speak of an insult to cool cars. :mad:

Loved that movie!
Christine wasn't a Belvedere...... but a Plymouth fury
best part was when Christine, "T BONED" that Camaro !:shock::laughing:

Last edited:
as well as the '66 Impala from Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry

?????:?:
Maybe I'm getting my movies mixed up, but wasn't Dirty Mary/Crazy Larry about the bank heist that took them all through a chase in a backwoods network of turns and twists that the had pre-planned in order to outrun the cops? It ended with them piling the '70 Roadrunner up into the nose of a train engine?
I'm trying to place a '66 Impala, as my memory says all the cars were Mopars.

Otherwise, I'm in agreement with the aforementioned list of "cool" cars. Somebody needs to refresh their definition of "cool". If they want to see a cool car, do a Google image search for "Backseat Betty", or the "California Kid", and yes, Milner's coupe also exudes cool. That's why it's as iconic as it is.
The concept car from the grade B film "The Wraith" is also a cool car, only in a different genre. But to include a black and yellow, relatively modern Camaro from a fantasy fiction film, or a BMW R8, I think somebody needs to review something a bit.

Roger

?????:?:
Maybe I'm getting my movies mixed up, but wasn't Dirty Mary/Crazy Larry about the bank heist that took them all through a chase in a backwoods network of turns and twists that the had pre-planned in order to outrun the cops? It ended with them piling the '70 Roadrunner up into the nose of a train engine?
I'm trying to place a '66 Impala, as my memory says all the cars were Mopars.

Otherwise, I'm in agreement with the aforementioned list of "cool" cars. Somebody needs to refresh their definition of "cool". If they want to see a cool car, do a Google image search for "Backseat Betty", or the "California Kid", and yes, Milner's coupe also exudes cool. That's why it's as iconic as it is.
The concept car from the grade B film "The Wraith" is also a cool car, only in a different genre. But to include a black and yellow, relatively modern Camaro from a fantasy fiction film, or a BMW R8, I think somebody needs to review something a bit.

Roger

Yep, yellow RR into the train, also the '66 4 door Impala. "cool" because I used to have an identical car, 275 HP 327 with p-glide :cool: I could outrun a few buddies cammed, carbed, headders, jacked-up, Cragars equipped cars......and they didn't like it :laughing:

iu

OK, Gauntlet.....I'll concede. (I hate gettin' old.....the memory is startin' to slip.

Roger

OK, Gauntlet.....I'll concede. (I hate gettin' old.....the memory is startin' to slip.

Roger

LOL, well on your behalf it is kind of an obscure movie, and you had to have lived during the time it was released, or you'd have never heard of it. It probably wouldn't have stuck in my mind, if not for the fact of owning an identical car (even same color).

That list is ridiculous, the fact that the General Lee is missing (should be in the top 5) makes it comical at best...

<°)))>{

Yep, yellow RR into the train, also the '66 4 door Impala. "cool" because I used to have an identical car, 275 HP 327 with p-glide :cool: I could outrun a few buddies cammed, carbed, headders, jacked-up, Cragars equipped cars......and they didn't like it :laughing:

iu
Sounds like my identically-equipped 4-door black and silver Five-seven chevy! I could fit eight of my buddies in my car and the ’69 camaro 327 transplant would push us down the road no stopping!

Another one missing but better than some on the list...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• e6989dcecbedd1bdb07b1d648c7101b2.jpg
    e6989dcecbedd1bdb07b1d648c7101b2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 224
Back
Top Bottom