Need help in Florida

I C THE LITE

I have an Excaliber, just had it repaired and arrived in Florida last night. Turned it on for the 1st time and 5 inch depth max on a quarter. Less with smaller objects. I am in Destin/Fort Walton Beach and was looking for some help as to a good repair shop within an hours ride.

The only repair shop that I know of is in Pennsylvania. Minelab will not sell parts to anyone but their authorized repair shop.

You'll probably be better off just borrowing a machine for the duration of your stay. Perhaps a local hunter can loan you one, if you put down a deposit. Your long-time forum participation here would show him you're "on-the-level".

Or simply buy one (like if you saw one @ a local CL, or if there's any dealers close), and then turn around and sell it at the conclusion of your trip.

Went out this evening for 1 1/2 hours on a beach that had 500+ people on and did not find a coin. Tried everything I could think of but no luck. I talked to a guy detecting tonight and he suggested switching batteries if I brought a spare. Will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Check the pins on the battery cable connector, make sure they are clean and spread a little. Get a cheap Harbor Freight meter and check the battery voltage.

Sorry to hear about your trouble there PJ....just curious,did you test it out at home before you left and after it got repaired? Like,did it get broken on the trip down somehow? Not that it’s relevant but maybe it can be narrowed down to circumstance and figured out from that point somehow. I really hope you get it working properly...and hope you’re having fun otherwise!:yes:

I have never used your machine, but something that might help. If the machine is otherwise working you might want to try and be more precise on your ground balance. A bad ground balance can have some adverse effects.

Back
Top Bottom