Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Launch!

Exciting news, thx for thew heads up! I'm not sure I like the 3.5 hour battery life...

Exciting news, thx for thew heads up! I'm not sure I like the 3.5 hour battery life...

I fully agree but I'm sure that is something that can be fixed once they see the demand and feed back.

The battery life is a deal breaker for me. If it doesn't get at least 5 it's a no go.

Steve said it best......

So a limited run AQ that morphs into something else... that makes more sense to me. Maybe the initial units are limited. But also you will be able to buy some version no matter what for years. Remember, FT paid to buy this idea, paid for years of development, and paid to tool up for that coil in particular. 20 or 50 or 100 or 200 might be a technical achievement, but it would be an abject failure from a business perspective. If they can’t sell these for years in various versions they really screwed up. So get the ball rolling now, and add improvements later at a higher price. There are things that obviously can be improved on this unit, as people here have mentioned.

The price is sure right and there appears to be a 2 year warranty. But... how hard will it be to make a waterproof substitute battery? Changing batteries on the beach means you have to carry the other in a waterproof bag if the connectors are an issue. Wonder how much a battery box will cost...... and will they be immediately available? I know they discussed the M8s as a possible issue.... but we havent had any problems on the MDT or Nox with them...... is theirs UNIQUE and easily obtainable? That could affect making your own headphones or battery upgrade.

Steve said it best......

So a limited run AQ that morphs into something else... that makes more sense to me. Maybe the initial units are limited. But also you will be able to buy some version no matter what for years. Remember, FT paid to buy this idea, paid for years of development, and paid to tool up for that coil in particular. 20 or 50 or 100 or 200 might be a technical achievement, but it would be an abject failure from a business perspective. If they can’t sell these for years in various versions they really screwed up. So get the ball rolling now, and add improvements later at a higher price. There are things that obviously can be improved on this unit, as people here have mentioned.

The price is sure right and there appears to be a 2 year warranty. But... how hard will it be to make a waterproof substitute battery? Changing batteries on the beach means you have to carry the other in a waterproof bag if the connectors are an issue. Wonder how much a battery box will cost...... and will they be immediately available? I know they discussed the M8s as a possible issue.... but we havent had any problems on the MDT or Nox with them...... is theirs UNIQUE and easily obtainable? That could affect making your own headphones or battery upgrade.

The battery is external and compared to most W/P pulse machines, the battery container is a breeze... My good friend is hot on the trot for this machine and promised him if he is "one of the chosen few" I would have it done... The Doctors are giving him another year of so of healthy living then he unfortunately will go downhill quickly.

Already designed, machined and water/pressure tested two mock ups. One that charged through the port and one that could be opened and changed/changed. All I need from him are the real specs, then model the actual holder to fit and the size of the cavity for the power supply. Is it 15v regulated, does it chew up around 500mAh and is the coil running around 2A??? If around those numbers can easily go 6 hours.

If so, will send you one or drop one off since I may be in your neck of the woods in the near future. Heck even treat you to dinner... Hope all is going smoothly with you and your family...

My only question, how long will it be until you break something on the new machine??? I would bet under 6 weeks from the day of ownership... :lol:

Steve said it best......

If I buy one I will wait for an upgraded one... that has the extended battery and other fixes why would I want to spend $1500 on a machine that has all the bugs and in need of upgrades... I'll wait for a clean one.

I give Dew 13 days before he breaks it and I am being generous :laughing:

Last edited:
I agree with sandcrab, battery and the cable issue are a easy fix. I've started ordering parts but I need a machine for more details. I'm On the list so hope to see the man in brown in the future ...:?:

SO far I think I have about 35 dollars invested in the battery setup. I went to the M-12 connector for the head phones so I don't have to make anymore head phones. And the battery will be facing forwards instead of out of the back which they seem to be worried about.

I'm not worried about the depth rating for seems the coil and the control box are good for greater depths, from what I read the only concern are the M-8 connectors which I may change all.

Come on "AQ"

Attachments

• dc.jpg
    dc.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 1,447
Last edited:
Earl where are you? :yes:
I believe they want the 100 initial buyers to be actual users that can give honest feedback. :lol:

I agree with sandcrab, battery and the cable issue are a easy fix. I've started ordering parts but I need a machine for more details. I'm On the list so hope to see the man in brown in the future ...:?:

SO far I think I have about 35 dollars invested in the battery setup. I went to the M-12 connector for the head phones so I don't have to make anymore head phones. And the battery will be facing forwards instead of out of the back which they seem to be worried about.

I'm not worried about the depth rating for seems the coil and the control box are good for greater depths, from what I read the only concern are the M-8 connectors which I may change all.

Come on "AQ"
You would think that the smart engineers that have been working on this project for a few years would know what connectors are better to use. I find it disconcerting that a new machine about to have a limited release didn't have these things thought through.

The weather started getting rough...
After all these years , trials , posts ? Huh ? Still not figured out. Almost seems like they are cutting their losses. Did they just give up ? I gotta say Steve and Rick have pulled no punches. Straight shooters , no sugar coating the latest developments. I respect that. Disclosures have been made. Still seems like alot of risk and for $1500. Sorry , that is NOT a killer price to be a Guinea Pig. Why risk your reputation putting out a knowingly unfinished product before it's ready ? They are so close to the finish line.

You got guys here like OBN who whips up a battery , cable solution in no time and these guys can't. IDK. My experience with batteries is they never last as long as stated. I think we've all been on a good , solid hunt and our machine dies.
But 3.5 hours ? And then they sell an extra battery pack for how much ? I already fried my BH tdi because I thought I knew enough about batteries and charging. Expensive lesson.
I look forward to seeing how these guys do with these machines at their locations. I'm doing just fine with my current PI. But I have a few select locations where I know this would be a great machine , where my current machine just fails. Paying $1500 for the privilege of being a field tester with a knowingly substandard machine seems a little odd to me. Usually , it's the other way around. I had looked so forward to this PI. After 40 years of hunting beaches , I can wait another 40....

Look forward to your visit..... and lunch is on me. Ive been blessed life has been good to me and the family it seems. Just drop me a note when you might be coming and where.

Craig, im not seeing a lot of bugs.... its the battery thats going to be a bit inconvenient. Seen to many detectors stolen so i wont be carrying two.

Joe wise on the metal thread M12 which has been pretty proven. Cross over wire inside and out the other along with the battery. If you get the info Sandcrab needs can you pass it along please?

OOOOOOOOO come on im not that bad on equipment.:laughing: Some of you guys that hunted with me come to my rescue. However..... i am glad to at least a 2 year warranty.:lol:

How is Fischer with returns and what kind of time do they take fixing their machines?
I hope they have already put one through the paces with thousands of hours in neck deep water before they offer this to the public...

Zee unlike the Nox which had no phones... I understand it’s been in the water a good bit. I can’t wait to see all the comments once these hit the street.... don’t hold out on us 😂

I will wait

But maybe not, i got the itch in the middle of the night :shock: , im here scratching Joe :lol: Craig edit my copy paste , i like to scratch and sniff- 1st :lol:

Last edited:
Zee unlike the Nox which had no phones... I understand it’s been in the water a good bit. I can’t wait to see all the comments once these hit the street.... don’t hold out on us 😂

I think Sandcrab should get one... he will be honest in his assessment.. he pulls no punches and is a straight shooter as well as being a pulse hunter.

For the de- buged version, things i would liked changed , Battery life -with the ability to change it yourself when it need's replacement, my normal hunts are 4 to 5 hours , i don't want to be detecting hitting good targets then the machine shut's down, coil wire position changed, a digital id screen with back light, a black coil that doesn't show dirt , along with interchangable coils -more than one. I agree with CFM-ct . :roll: i guess i will wait another 2 years , come on ML break out the better PI . Another disapointment :(:frustrated::pullhair::surrender:

You're not asking for much :lol:

Last thing I would want is a display on a beach machine....

Come on "AQ"

I've been waiting all year and my EX is down, perfect timing for me.
I'm ready to lay down the green, and have a great stretch of beaches to test it on and report back,,, how did you get on the list OBN?

I think Sandcrab should get one... he will be honest in his assessment.. he pulls no punches and is a straight shooter as well as being a pulse hunter.

Very simple to be put on the list . For anyone interested in getting one.. [email protected]

And I agree with Craig... With SC experience, I think he would be a good source for fair information and tips.

You're not asking for much :lol:

Last thing I would want is a display on a beach machine....

Whaaaaattt ??? I think a screen maybe like a 10" tablet size would be great ! The weight of it would counterbalance the coil. Plus , I could watch YouTube videos if I'm not finding anything during those long stretches...🤔🤣

Back
Top Bottom