Colonial Spanish 2 Reales, but counterfeit?

First off, HGE HUGE HUGE CONGRATS man !!!!!!!
I don't know why you have doubts when you know the age of the yard you dug it from.
I have a couple 2 Reales and I gave them the silver sound test , and yeah , they sure do make a dead sounding thud sound. Nothing like American coins. I'm assuming by now you have checked the weight and measurements nd stuff....I'm guessing its pretty darn close. It sure looks and sounds like a winner to me. And boy am I jealous.....
Once again, big huge congratulations on a super nice piece of history. Spanish silver is such a thrill to dig up.

Thanks for the info!!!

^ ^ this ^ ^

Why would you think it's not real ? If it's the "ping" sound when dropped on a desk-top (when compared to a silver washington, or whatever), then remember: Reales are thinner. Sometimes even potato chip thin.

My buddy thought my 1808 1 franc was counterfeit because it was black. I soaked it in lime juice and explained oxidization to him. Still mad I took the patina off. I think experience plays a big role in our thoughts. These finds are unbelievable, so we seek out all possibilities in our minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom