Cold, windy and snowy weekend but persistence pays off

gtodude

Hello everyone!

Went out with my buddy Dan in the countryside along the border of NW Indiana and SW Michigan looking for permissions and after two no’s, we got a big yes. We ended up with permission to hunt a large farm from the late 1800’s including several hundred acres of woods and fields. The owner was outside gathering up some pumpkins for his produce stand and as we pulled into his driveway, he met us with a giant smile. After some small talk, I mentioned that we were seeking areas to metal detect and he kind of chuckled and said we are more than welcome to detect his property although he didn’t think there was anything to find. We will see about that! We hunted a cut bean field for a couple hours and then the wind picked up as well as some sleet and snow so we called it quits for the day. I ended up finding a musket ball, some shotgun headstamps, rifle and handgun casings and that was about it. The second picture shows what was found here with exception of the 3 toy cars. We have a lot of property to go, so we will see what happens.

Today we hit the old street where they are in the process of tearing down multiple homes from the early 1900’s. One of eleven homes remains as well as the road and sidewalks which I can’t wait for them to remove. After a few hours of hunting, we walked away with several wheaties for Dan and the following items for me. The NOX is doing a great job amongst the junk and sniffing out the good stuff!

In total I found $2.32 in clad, 2 wheaties and a 1946 Silver Rosie. I also found a Pope Pendant ca. 1950 which appears to be silver but I’m not entirely certain. I also found 2 matchbox cars, Firetruck Tootsie toy that has seen better days but amazingly still has its wheels and axles. I also found a movement plate for an old Rockford Pocket Watch....which I scoured the area fiercely for the rest of but came up empty.

Anywho, enjoy the pictures!!

Eric

Attachments

• 77E1D208-E63D-40C5-9839-4043C599946E.jpg
    77E1D208-E63D-40C5-9839-4043C599946E.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 3B1CDE77-02B1-4D76-B857-B86740A7B0A5.jpg
    3B1CDE77-02B1-4D76-B857-B86740A7B0A5.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 643F382D-BDD1-4A0B-A804-9332A8F019BB.jpg
    643F382D-BDD1-4A0B-A804-9332A8F019BB.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 8CCE9DDE-8321-4A47-A55B-30618A5CF34C.jpg
    8CCE9DDE-8321-4A47-A55B-30618A5CF34C.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 138
That's a good haul! Love that silver.:yes: The pope pendant is cool. Looks like you guys had a good time.:yes:

Hello everyone!

Went out with my buddy Dan in the countryside along the border of NW Indiana and SW Michigan looking for permissions and after two no’s, we got a big yes. We ended up with permission to hunt a large farm from the late 1800’s including several hundred acres of woods and fields. The owner was outside gathering up some pumpkins for his produce stand and as we pulled into his driveway, he met us with a giant smile. After some small talk, I mentioned that we were seeking areas to metal detect and he kind of chuckled and said we are more than welcome to detect his property although he didn’t think there was anything to find. We will see about that! We hunted a cut bean field for a couple hours and then the wind picked up as well as some sleet and snow so we called it quits for the day. I ended up finding a musket ball, some shotgun headstamps, rifle and handgun casings and that was about it. The second picture shows what was found here with exception of the 3 toy cars. We have a lot of property to go, so we will see what happens.

Today we hit the old street where they are in the process of tearing down multiple homes from the early 1900’s. One of eleven homes remains as well as the road and sidewalks which I can’t wait for them to remove. After a few hours of hunting, we walked away with several wheaties for Dan and the following items for me. The NOX is doing a great job amongst the junk and sniffing out the good stuff!

In total I found $2.32 in clad, 2 wheaties and a 1946 Silver Rosie. I also found a Pope Pendant ca. 1950 which appears to be silver but I’m not entirely certain. I also found 2 matchbox cars, Firetruck Tootsie toy that has seen better days but amazingly still has its wheels and axles. I also found a movement plate for an old Rockford Pocket Watch....which I scoured the area fiercely for the rest of but came up empty.

Anywho, enjoy the pictures!!

Eric

Nice haul! Love the fire engine that is awesome. I would display that just as is!

Back
Top Bottom