Nox 600

mdtrapper

Elite Member
Ordered the 600 Fri. Been using AT Pro for 6 years now, Passin it down to my 13 year old son. anyone else made the switch or have both. If so what do ya think.?

I too have the Atpro, I got the 800. Haven't used my pro but once this year.
You'll like the Equinox I think, has a slightly bigger learning curve.
Idk if the tones are 50 only on the 600 but I've been using 5 tone.
Happy hunting!

Ordered the 600 Fri. Been using AT Pro for 6 years now, Passin it down to my 13 year old son. anyone else made the switch or have both. If so what do ya think.?

I just ordered my 800 yesterday and it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. My 12 year old son will be inheriting my AT Pro as well :)

I'm afraid of the learning curve, especially with the weather turning bad around here....but I'll give it my best shot. I'm excited as I'm sure you are as well.

You guys are gonna love your NOX’s! The more I use it and the more I get to know it, the more I love it. It’s an extremely versatile machine and if you hunt trashy areas it does well. In fact it does a great job no matter where I have been with it. Enjoy your new NOX’s and don’t forget to post your finds and experiences!

Eric

Don't sweat the learning curve guys, its really a simple machine. Even when getting into the advanced settings on the 800 and start doing tone breaks and pitch settings everything is pretty straight forward. And this is from a guy who let his new AT Pro sit in a box for a week cause he was afraid to learn it! LOL!
Watch some videos, get out there and use it and push some buttons and see what it does. ALOT of good info out here on Al Gores internet too!

I just ordered my 800 yesterday and it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. My 12 year old son will be inheriting my AT Pro as well :)

I'm afraid of the learning curve, especially with the weather turning bad around here....but I'll give it my best shot. I'm excited as I'm sure you are as well.

That has been my fear too, But your right all we can do is give it our best. Got the 600 because I have an excel for water and beach, didet think I needed the 800.

That has been my fear too, But your right all we can do is give it our best. Got the 600 because I have an excel for water and beach, didet think I needed the 800.

I didn't think I needed the 800 either, but when it came right down to it I figured I'd go for broke....get the best I could, which was the 800

The learning curve will be the sounds that the Equinox communicates with. You just need to dig and learn.

I also have a 600 and love it!:yes: I use 5 tones when I hunt parks and Schoolyards/tot lots. I can't believe how well this detector sounds off on so many targets. I hunt in multi (and yes the 600 hunts in all 5 frequencies just like the 800 when in multi-mode) with swing speed 2 and in my area, sensitivity at 18. It will find dimes, coppers, silver,etc right next to trash and the best part is, you can hear all of this going on:wow: When the coil goes over a good target (high tone) , you will hear it. For being a bigger coil, the stock coil really separates targets well. I have been looking at the 6" coil and will get one eventually.
You will like the Equinox. Good Luck and Happy Hunting:D

It is different, but you'll adjust. The bigger thing is if you're used to the quick mode changes, custom, coins, all metal. You have to discrim out the tones on the 600. Otherwise, it is great. Try 5 and 50 tone to see what you like. personally I go 5 tone.

BCD

Back
Top Bottom