high pitched "hum" coming from AT pro

ohiochris

Elite Member
Anybody else notice a high pitched hum or whine coming from the headphones on their AT pro ? I seen many with an ace 250 complained about some high pitched noise but i never had that problem with mine , with the AT I do though. I dont seem to hear it without the headphones but its really profound with them. My first opinion is this shouldnt be normal butdepends on what " normal " is.

don't have an ATP but could it be your threshold setting ? ... you want a little hum

No it dont have an adjustable threshold. And the detector seems to work fine other than that. Just through the headphones there is a feedback type hum or whine that is constant.

On the right hand side of the AT there is a button that says threshold. One side of the button is a - and the other side is a +. Push the - side untill you hear a slight hum. I usually set my detector so you can barely hear it hum.

The hum is not normal. Mt headphones were broken out of the box. It could be the problem. Contact Garrett. Their service is unbelievable.

There is no threashold adjustment on the ATP.

My mistake. I looked up the AT gold and has adjustable threshold. That was not very smart on garrets part to not make the AT pro have that feature. I would send it back. thay do have great coustomer service. HH-Dave

I bought the AT Gold because it had the adjustable threshold.

With your Pro, I'd definitely check out using another pair of headphones.

ohiochris, I am not clear on what head phones you have. Are they stock that came with the AT Pro detector or something else?

that's odd. i've got the Ace 250 and it always has that little whine, but not from the phones, it's coming from the actual machine itself. i don't hear it through the headphones.
i've never had that problem with my At and i do agree with all who said to try different headphones. sounds like a bad connection or ground wire issue with the phones. maybe the wrong impedance rating with the phones you're using? :?: if it persists with another set of headphones, i'd give Garrett a shout as it could be an internal problem with your At.

Its the stock headphones that came with the detector. Sounds like the background hum if you turn the amp up too loud on old sound equipment. It dont seem to affect the detectors performance any , and can only hear it through the stock headphones , i dont have any others that will work with it. I forgot to register the warranty but will get that done today and then i will contact garrett and see what they say.

Had the same problem with the stock headphones that is why I use another brand . I USE grey Ghost and they are perfect for me . Still have the stock ones cord strech r d out a little hanging in closet .

Anybody else notice a high pitched hum or whine coming from the headphones on their AT pro ? I seen many with an ace 250 complained about some high pitched noise but i never had that problem with mine , with the AT I do though. I dont seem to hear it without the headphones but its really profound with them. My first opinion is this shouldnt be normal butdepends on what " normal " is.
Happens all the time on my Ace-but don't notice it until I get the headphones close to the module-whenever I'm retrieving. I think it's the high-powered nuclear turbine that powers the Garretts.:laughing:

Are you near electrical lines they will interfere. Reset it hold power button for five seconds till you hear a double beep. Try changing frequency push pin point and + sensitivity. If that don't work contract Garrett. I never hear a hum with mine it's quiet till I go over a target. Just a thought.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom