Minnesota hunters?

Hi MN Folks,
I sent SteveMN and Pamala PM's but I'll throw this out there. I'm up in East Bethel, that's pretty close to a few of you. If anyone is interested in getting together and do some detecting, PM me.
Randy/BowHonk

West Sub - Minnesota

I have been hunting on and off for a few years now - I recently got back into it as I am getting older and can't perform the sports I used to do. I just bought a Minelab E-Trac with the SunRay probe (Very Nice) and I am trying to figure it out. I have made some very interesting finds and I have been studying a lot of Minnesota History for new locations to hunt. Anyone interested in going out hunting sometime let me know. Hunting in party's is always Better, safer, and more thorough. The best quote I have heard is: "You can talk about history, you can study history, though there is nothing like holding history in your hand".

40 min southwest of the twin cities

My wife and I have been detecting for about 10 years we love to detecting with other people. I got the new V3 a couple of months ago And she hunts with a classic id I also do some water hunting but not that often burr!! With a brand new baby we are finding it hard to find time to go detecting but grandmas always willing to babysit so its getting better.

Welcome to the forum Historybuff! I too just bought a new etrac about 2 weeks ago now and am finally getting the hang of it...I think. :lol: Good luck and be sure to post some of your finds!

Thanks

Hey Jer - I am pretty sure we met at the BP park a couple times. I took your advice and checked out the forums.....We will have to go hunt sometime!

Steve - Also would like to hunt together and discuss the different options of the e-trac. - Let me know!

In Duluth, willing to travel for a hunt... Steve, how do you like your new Minelab?

Hey Art, I have only had it a couple weeks now but I have to say that I am very impressed in its performance. It can really sniff out the silver in the trash and iron and have had some really good luck in those situations so far.

MN HUNTER'S

I know we talked about doing some kind of organized get together last year and it never materialized but I would like to see if we can find a place we could all meet sometime. I think the Twin Cities area would be the best place since we have most of our members in or around there. I would like to find a large older park we can hunt some weekend. Lets hear some input.

Hey Art, I have only had it a couple weeks now but I have to say that I am very impressed in its performance. It can really sniff out the silver in the trash and iron and have had some really good luck in those situations so far.

MN HUNTER'S

I know we talked about doing some kind of organized get together last year and it never materialized but I would like to see if we can find a place we could all meet sometime. I think the Twin Cities area would be the best place since we have most of our members in or around there. I would like to find a large older park we can hunt some weekend. Lets hear some input.
You can count on me and my wife for a mass park hunt That would be fun.

As I make the trip to the "cities" quite a bit, I'd be more then willing to get together and do some fishin in the dirt. I'm a huge twins fan, what can I say... can't seem to stay away.

SW Minnesota here... (Marshall)

Hello all!
Looks like most of you are from the Twin Cities area. Anyone else from SW Minnesota? I am very new to this, (only a couple weeks) but having fun.

-Mike-

Hey Squishy!

I am from west central Minnesota, around Willmar area. Where are you located?

Min here

I'm between St cloud and minn. havent been able to go out because of the rain. or its way to windy. but yuu should know that.

I didn';t realize there were so many of us out there. I am west of the cities, too. In Delano. Be happy to meet sometime before the ground gets too hard. I have an ace 250 and have been doing some abandoned homesteads and beaches. No finds of any importance yet.

Hey Squishy!

I am from west central Minnesota, around Willmar area. Where are you located?

Hi Al!
I'm just down the road in Marshall.

If anyone plans a Minnesota group hunt, please count me in!!

-Mike-

another MN MD'er here from Princeton

Hey, I havent had a detector for about ten years now but am in the process of buying a new Minelab xterra 705.I live in Princeton and am looking forward to searching some abandoned farms,churches and schools in the area.The Rum river is allso a interesting spot due to its shallow water in the summer months along with being the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes there are many beaches both public and private.I am trying to find some old maps and photos of the area to see where buildings and events were once held.
I have chosen the xterra 705 because I allso like to go to Arizona (Mesa) in the spring and would like to do some prospecting.
Anyone in the Princeton area looking for a hunting partner hit me up and we could share ideas on where to search and maybe research some old maps and photos of the area. HH

Newbie In Minnesota

Hello all i'm Chris from Little Falls, MN and I am fairly new to metal detecting. I did a little last year with a bounty hunter 505, Well lets just say I thought it was a pile so I retired and purchased a Garrett GTI 1500. I am ready for some digging :)

I am looking for any treasure or lost loot from the past around the area but I cannot accomplish any research. Not finding any places other than parks and schools. Does anyone have any info for my area?

Thanks,

Chris Harakel

re

I am from the Princeton area and have found the towns history through local newspapers and city utilities to find the oldest places ever listed.I also have searched for old photos to see where buildings and parks were at one time.Im sure theres some farms and abandon farms that date back into the late 1800's in that area.There was alot of lumber mills in the area that brought on expansion to the region as well.Hope this helps your search.HH

Back
Top Bottom