Finally...First Gold of the Year!!!

Saltshaker

Forum Supporter
I dont get to hunt that much...thus not as many posts of my finds but I finally worked a nice rocky cut that would not give it up. After a couple days and getting a little frustrated, I was started praying to my late friend who use to hunt with me and my other buddies in the same waters.
Sometimes I just see him standing there at the beach taking a smoke break and smiling so I asked for a little help.
Right after that, I get a nice sketchy low tone on the excalibur. I dug one good scoop and there in the bottom was a '71 10K class ring. Same year my friend was born so it does makes me wonder. Nevertheless, my first 2019 gold of hopefully more to follow.
So far no luck finding the original owner but I suspect in time, I'll find them.

Attachments

• classring.jpg
    classring.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 479
  • classring1.jpg
    classring1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 433
Nice ring. Great story. Congrats on your first of the year.

R5

Congrats on the gold. Up to you if you want to find an owner. If you know the school the librarian is the best avenue. They have students and yearbooks and lots of time.

:dingding:Congrats on the gold and good luck on finding the owner. I'm still waiting on finding my 1st class ring.

Way to go! Sometimes that is the way it works. I have visited the spot on the beach where i spread my parents ashes at a specific jetty rock. On more than one occasion i hit gold on the first hole after i walked away.

Sweet gold. I’m a bit surprised it didn’t weigh what I expected....but gold ...well that alway what we want

Congrats,,,,nice one to start off the year with,,,,,as for the owner,,,,,you are the owner of it now,,,,,,,,:pirate:,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom