Weird call about MX Sport

Oldsjunkie

Forum Supporter
So Whites got my MX Sport yesterday and called this morning to ask why I sent it in since it has the newest firmware, leak tested fine (which I knew because I drowned it real good), and didn't have any cracks in the faceplate? I said "well, when I sent it out it had cracks in the faceplate on the top corners, but maybe the ride in the UPS truck fixed em." The tech (who was very nice, mind you) said that maybe it was silicone that squished up when they put the faceplate on, but they would go ahead and replace it for me. Has anyone else heard this when they sent theirs in for cracks? I mentioned to him that it would be weird for silicone to show up a week after getting it, wouldn't it? Anyway, they're replacing the faceplate and sending it back. It went out Friday last week, so should be right at a 10 day turnaround. HH!

The only reasonable explanation I can drum up,,,is the unit was repaired,,and for whatever reason got misplaced back in the " incoming units with problems pile".

The only reasonable explanation I can drum up,,,is the unit was repaired,,and for whatever reason got misplaced back in the " incoming units with problems pile".

Could be. Didn't consider that. I'm ready for it to come home for sure though. It's been dry as a bone here for a couple weeks to the point all the grass was turning brown. It's been pouring for a half hour now and is supposed to for the next few days. Woo-Hoo! Game on! The old plastic bag on the M6 trick to the rescue.:rain:

They haven't called me about mine. So, I guess my cracks are legit.:yes:

I mean, if you're gonna have cracks it's better they're legit I reckon...Reminds me of a funny story about cracks and silicone. I've been a painter for almost 20 years and we had a guy several years back who apparently didn't believe in belts. After constantly getting on him for a couple weeks about his ass hanging out of his whites one of our co-workers cut the end off a tube of power house caulk, snuck up on him and gave him a big old squeeze right in the crack! It wasn't silicone, but it WAS hilarious. The guy with the caulking gun got beat down pretty bad, so it was a bonus show!!:laughing:

Only guess I got is maybe silicone grease and the heat during transport melted it out. Grease can look like cracked plastic when under it. Just a wild guess here:?:

Only guess I got is maybe silicone grease and the heat during transport melted it out. Grease can look like cracked plastic when under it. Just a wild guess here:?:

I thought about that, but I've run the thing in 90 degree sun for about 6 hours after the cracks showed up, so I figure it would have melted out then if this was the case. They look pretty clearly like cracks to me. I got the email that they mailed it out today, so she's on the way home!:grin:

crack1.jpg

crack2.jpg

crack3.jpg

When it comes back check the SN to make sure they are talking about your detector and not someone else's.

When it comes back check the SN to make sure they are talking about your detector and not someone else's.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I was planning on checking it to make sure I get mine back...I sent everything with it including the paperwork, but It's registered so I can check. Thanks for the ideas guys!

Yeah, that's a good idea. I was planning on checking it to make sure I get mine back...I sent everything with it including the paperwork, but It's registered so I can check. Thanks for the ideas guys!

I'm with the others and think they had your detector confused with someone else's. Probably just support mix-up, I'm sure the techs probably knew what the issues were just looking at it.

Got the tracking number and it should be home tuesday or wednesday. I'll check the S/N and see if I got my machine or someone else's...:lol: As long as it works like it did and is crackless, it's all good!

I'm with the others and think they had your detector confused with someone else's. Probably just support mix-up, I'm sure the techs probably knew what the issues were just looking at it.

If you have your serial number handy, check the unit when it comes back.

If you have your serial number handy, check the unit when it comes back.

I bet they probably just mixed up the info on who to call, like another person sent thiers in with a different problem and they accidently called Olds instead of the person it really belonged to. If they actually did swap out the wrong detector, it wouldn't be the first. Doctors do it even in the deliver room. :laughing:

So do surgeons, "What do you mean we were supposed to amputate the LEFT leg?!?!?"

Back
Top Bottom