Where to store your gear

the dane

Hi, guys. In the 2 months I have been doing this detecting hobby I keep all my gear in our spare lounge room! I have been waiting for the day for the wife to say move it somewhere else! So where do most people store your detectors?
I have 2 garden sheds, 3mx3m each! The problem with where I live, in summer it gets to 44 degrees (111F) (meaning the shed gets to 55 degrees (129F) and winter gets down to 2 degrees at night!
Will this be a problem?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Basement. Made a rack that holds my 3 detectors upright,along with separate hooks for the numerous spare coils. Stays cool but dry year round down there.

My machines lean against the wall right in the living room and my belt with pouch, digger and PP hang on a dining room chair. I do keep extra coils in the office though...

My detectors just lean against the wall in a closet. Simplest solution in the world , they are put away and safe. My pouch and digger are in the closet too sometimes but being realistic , normally they are just left on the floor board in the car.

Now that I have a garage , my wife tried to suggest I keep all my stuff out there but I politely said " not gonna happen " , its safe and secure right where I keep it now.

Wife? She is the one taking up space. You need to choose. Detectors or Wife! Seriously..... Under the bed for my boxes. Detectors in the spare bedroom. No temp change areas for them.

Basement. Made a rack that holds my 3 detectors upright,along with separate hooks for the numerous spare coils. Stays cool but dry year round down there.

Bad idea for non waterproof detectors.

Unless a dehumidifier is used.

Too much moisture.

Will likely cause internal corrosion prematurely.

I have a basement,,,I would never do.

hi Tnsharpshooter! your right, im covered. got the dehumidifier workin in summer months. Everything works good all these years! Stays nice down there (finished rec room with tv/stereo etc very close by)..

I try to keep mine under water near iron..

Every once in awhile I have to bring it indoors to thaw..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20141118_222925.jpg
    IMG_20141118_222925.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 238
My machines lean against the wall right in the living room and my belt with pouch, digger and PP hang on a dining room chair. I do keep extra coils in the office though...

you stole you idea from my designer right?

0900-TT2GAF :laughing:

All of my detectors sit in a corner of my office. The rest of my gear has a place in there too. Everyone knows not to touch my gear 'round here. :)

Cheers guys, we are a sporting family and one of our lounge rooms is covered with our footy team photos and guernseys, so thought a corner at the back will/would work! Wife has not spotted it yet, so all good!
1a25047df063e75788fa72f31b12fdb4.jpg

Don't store it keep swinging! Somewhere you can keep an eye on it.

I keep mine in the spare bedroom. Unless we have guests and then they are moved into my bedroom.

No way I would ever store them in the garage or leave them in the trunk of a car.

Cheers guys, we are a sporting family and one of our lounge rooms is covered with our footy team photos and guernseys, so thought a corner at the back will/would work! Wife has not spotted it yet, so all good!
1a25047df063e75788fa72f31b12fdb4.jpg

Great disguise!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom