Bucket List Silver!! :D

gtoast99

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone! I recently took a road trip to do some detecting with the “Pennsylvania Boys”, my buddies Keith and Tracy and my new friend Ethan. It was a beautiful day, although it was blazingly hot in the sun by the end of it. We all had a great time, and came away with a nice pile of relics.

I dug a good mixture of dropped and fired bullets, including 11 Washington Arsenal bullets (one of which is this cool high impact Minie). One of the Williams cleaners still has a good bit of the zinc washer remaining, which is new for me.

Several flat buttons, including the really cool star pattern tombac and my first (sadly unmarked) pewter button. The spur is really interesting, not sure if it's CW period or maybe before. Any insight on that one would be greatly appreciated.

And last but not least..... my first Spanish Silver! I believe it's a quarter of a 2R Pistareen of King Philip V, 1700-1746, correct me if I'm wrong. Definitely my new oldest coin. There was another Spanish silver dug in the same field by my friend Keith at the end of the day, too.

Thanks for reading, and thanks again to Keith, Tracy, and Ethan for a great day of hunting. Can't wait to do it again soon!

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 712
  • high impact washington.JPG
    high impact washington.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 691
  • buttons.jpg
    buttons.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 695
  • spur.jpg
    spur.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 780
  • reale.jpg
    reale.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 688
Nice piece of Spanish silver. It's exactly the same cut piece as my first Spanish silver. What are the odds of that! I think mine is a quarter 1 real

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 628
Thanks everyone!! A bit of an update. I got a reply from colonial silver expert Bill D., who helped me with a bit more information. Based on the assayers mark on the cut piece, it was minted in Mexico City between 1733 and 1746.

Nice piece of Spanish silver. It's exactly the same cut piece as my first Spanish silver. What are the odds of that! I think mine is a quarter 1 real

What a coincidence! I hope this is the first of many more to come.

Back
Top Bottom