Weird call about MX Sport

Well, she made it home safe! Definitely my machine and the screen cover looks good. Even got a sweet (home):laughing: hat out of the deal. 10 days total there, repair and back. Hopefully the "old and lousy" parts, as Grumpy so eloquently put it, make it for the long haul! I called em for you NCDFX to get em on the ball and they said they have an old man whittling out that custom O-ring on the porch but he's a little slow so it could be a couple weeks...:lol:

Well, she made it home safe! Definitely my machine and the screen cover looks good. Even got a sweet (home):laughing: hat out of the deal. 10 days total there, repair and back. Hopefully the "old and lousy" parts, as Grumpy so eloquently put it, make it for the long haul! I called em for you NCDFX to get em on the ball and they said they have an old man whittling out that custom O-ring on the porch but he's a little slow so it could be a couple weeks...:lol:

Good to hear.

Do me a favor,,,

Take your machine to a relative free EMI free zone.

Hold coil up in the air,,,with differing levels of sens compare all the programs noise wise.

My unit,,in such a setting as I have described,,,if I go to high trash, beach, coin and jewelry programs,,,even at max sens,,, unit is good and quiet.

In am, relic, prospecting programs,,noisy,,even if I lower sens substantially.

Also,,I even when in coin and jewelry program,,,removed all disc to see if it made any differences--no help,,no real change noise wise.

Good to hear.

Do me a favor,,,

Take your machine to a relative free EMI free zone.

Hold coil up in the air,,,with differing levels of sens compare all the programs noise wise.

My unit,,in such a setting as I have described,,,if I go to high trash, beach, coin and jewelry programs,,,even at max sens,,, unit is good and quiet.

In am, relic, prospecting programs,,noisy,,even if I lower sens substantially.

Also,,I even when in coin and jewelry program,,,removed all disc to see if it made any differences--no help,,no real change noise wise.

I'll be heading out to a creek in the middle of nowhere this weekend and I'll check it out. I'm in the middle of a subdivision at home so it's EMI city!

A little slow is fine as long as he whittles like a grand master. Maybe they just ran out of stock on the replacement parts? Either way, I'm waiting patiently. It helps me be patient that it's in the mid nineties and humid as hell.

A little slow is fine as long as he whittles like a grand master. Maybe they just ran out of stock on the replacement parts? Either way, I'm waiting patiently. It helps me be patient that it's in the mid nineties and humid as hell.

Yeah, waiting on parts is what I figure is going on. As long as a guy gets his rig back before the fall cool off comes he's good. It was so hot and dry around here that I was planning on hitting the creek when I got my machine back, but it's been raining for a week straight so it's a raging river now! Getting out at daybreak for a couple hours and right before dark for a couple hours will suffice for a while anyway.

Good hunting Oldsjunkie. Let us know how your revamped rig does.

The MXS seemed happy as a lark today. Still didn't get that silver with it yet, but got some nice keepers and had a good hunt. Took it DEEP into the trash. For a 10 inch DD, the separation is great. Can't wait to get the 6X10 on it. Ran C&J program, 8 tones, no disc. Sens. at 6. Blowing my ears off on jeans rivets at 6 inches down...:choochoo:

The MXS seemed happy as a lark today. Still didn't get that silver with it yet, but got some nice keepers and had a good hunt. Took it DEEP into the trash. For a 10 inch DD, the separation is great. Can't wait to get the 6X10 on it. Ran C&J program, 8 tones, no disc. Sens. at 6. Blowing my ears off on jeans rivets at 6 inches down...:choochoo:

I hate those pants rivets. Mostly dirt colored too so very hard to retrieve.

I hate those pants rivets. Mostly dirt colored too so very hard to retrieve.

Yeah, you gotta carry extra batteries for your pinpointer if you run across many of those little bastards. I mean, I can tell it's a tiny target before I start digging, but I convince my stupid ass it's not a rivet, but a first year half dime...:lol:

Yeah, you gotta carry extra batteries for your pinpointer if you run across many of those little bastards. I mean, I can tell it's a tiny target before I start digging, but I convince my stupid ass it's not a rivet, but a first year half dime...:lol:

I hit them 6 inches deep easy. Hit one the other day after a good rain at 9 inches, I was pissed! Hunting totlots has it's disadvantages. If you use pinpoint on the detector, they show deep even when just on the surface because of the strength/size ratio compared to a coin. That's one trick I've learned for them lil bastages! Just started detecting 2 months ago and probably already dug 80 or 90 of them. They're the reason I bought the Garrett Carrot after spending 15-20 minutes trying to actually retreive a few of them. Too much wasted time for better targets.

That's the difference I think in folks who stay in this great hobby of ours and the ones who get pissed off by not bringing home a pile of gold and silver and quit after a month. If you spend the time to dig 80 to 90 of these things, and probably figure out what they are at about number 10 or so, you've got that thought process of "oh boy, this sounds good and I can't wait to see what it is." You see it like I do. I know it's a freaking tiny junk target, but I choose to think that next target is gonna be the winner! The coolest thing is...it could be the next winner! Keep digging those rivets and HH!

That's the difference I think in folks who stay in this great hobby of ours and the ones who get pissed off by not bringing home a pile of gold and silver and quit after a month. If you spend the time to dig 80 to 90 of these things, and probably figure out what they are at about number 10 or so, you've got that thought process of "oh boy, this sounds good and I can't wait to see what it is." You see it like I do. I know it's a freaking tiny junk target, but I choose to think that next target is gonna be the winner! The coolest thing is...it could be the next winner! Keep digging those rivets and HH!

Exactly. I just like to know about 99% of the time, what I'm about to dig. I'll still dig them because you never really do know and that 1% could be that silver dime. I just don't get so pissed off anymore when I do dig them because I can almost expect them, and I don't spend 20 min trying to locate them anymore either. 2 min tops now.

Back
Top Bottom