Gold prices

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Wow.... $1168 and based on PT prices it looks like it could go lower. Is this going to be the year we see $1100 or under? My pile of gold is looking littler and littler. Anyone with an idea for selling their finds ever thought about an add offering to buy some of the found Gold people on these sites find? Who knows you might pick up some nice pieces for a little over melt price. TRUST now days is the only problem. Is it me or are there more and more dishonest people out there?

Dew

I hoard my gold for the long run anyway. Yes it is found money but we all want the most out of it. Lol.

I love a sale and my favorite coins just got cheaper to buy! :clapping:

Like Wild I'm in for the long haul and I don't really care what the price is doing day to day. Where are you going to put your money? In a bank to earn negative interest or a 401k where some bean counter will steal it? If you have faith in cash your best bet is a mason jar and a shovel.

Precious metals prices run in cycles and no amount of worrying is going to change that.

The only time I sell any is to buy back in later when it cycles down again. :grin:

Your gold weighs the same as it did yesterday.

Gotta love the paper games being played. Record physical demand and prices get crushed.

Palladium is still strong. :-)

With regards to buying scrap gold I know at least in Connecticut you're required to have a precious metals license to do so. You're basically borderline pawn shop at that point lol

Irons has got it right. This is insurance for the long haul. I saw a sign at my bank yesterday advertising their great rates on cd's. 1.25% lmao

For anyone looking to buy the dip, apmex is still selling valcambi 1oz bars in assay for spot shipped, on ebay! Not sure how much longer that sale is gonna last

When I don't have much to spend I get those little 2 and 2.5 Gold Pesos.

Low premium and even little coins add up! :D

Last edited:
I'm one of those tin foil hat wearing people who is pretty sure there's going to be tough times ahead for this country again....I would not sell my gold even at 1,400, 1,500 or even 1,600 an ounce....

HDD

I hope I am not right but Dew, I keep telling you that the bottom on gold may very well eventually be below 900,,,,,,,disshonesty? hummmmm, like the lady we talked to yesterday with the amazing ring she lost in the dry sand and the guy didn't find it, yea right, she lead him to it and picked that sucker up,,,,,,:no:GL HH

I'm done investing in silver. I'll put it that way!:laughing:

Silver is too easy, anybody can afford silver that's why it will never do much.

It takes up a lot of space but if you buy it below $20 you can always sell it later for $30+ or trade it for Gold when the ratio drops.
Takes patience and more planning is all. Silver is still inherently better than paper fiat.

In my opinion there is no basis for the price of gold to be dropping,I don't see the economy getting better or the value of our dollar getting stronger,looks totally manipulated to me,time to acquire more,more...more... but hey I'm just a greedy pirate!

What am I putting my money in? 3 hots and a cot.....every day living costs money. Gold would be a better investment....now the question is collectable coins, just gold coins, jewerly or small bars?

What am I putting my money in? 3 hots and a cot.....every day living costs money. Gold would be a better investment....now the question is collectable coins, just gold coins, jewerly or small bars?

Dew you might want to check your neighbors. Checked with one of mine too late. She got rid of a bunch of gold that was broke in her jewelry collection like it was kind of gross:shock: You know she sold it dirt cheap:roll: Try selling a toasted silver coin or black silver. ARA....Silver 85% of melt....Gold 98%. I was trying to buy someones gold teeth at an auction. But my buddy also knows about gold refineries:no::lol:

I think we go lower...much lower. It's a global race to the bottom with EU QE to start on Monday. US/Euro parity in 2015.

I guess you don't want a strong dollar...

Good articles here...

http://www.kitco.com/

I don't need my gold to use as a retirement aid... its my hobby and like I have posted before no matter how low gold gets its still a profit...

Would I prefer it higher? Who wouldn't :lol:

I guess you don't want a strong dollar...

Good articles here...

http://www.kitco.com/

I don't need my gold to use as a retirement aid... its my hobby and like I have posted before no matter how low gold gets its still a profit...

Would I prefer it higher? Who wouldn't :lol:

If someone was to get engaged or Marred:lol: again it will also save some clams. Just hope "Irene" can be sanded down if it isn't her name:laughing:

I pretty much sell when i find now, i got lucky a few years ago and sold off close to the top, but that was sheer dumb luck...

I sold gold at 350 an oz. to 1900.00 an oz. More people will wear it if it is cheaper. Also when gold gets cheap again there won't be as much Stainless and Titanium found. HH, phil

Back
Top Bottom