new detector on the way

Good luck with that... a pulse would not be my choice for freshwater... every nail and ferrous target that was lost 150 years ago will be waiting for you...

I'm with Craig, I would try to stop the order and get a Tiger shark instead.

Good luck either way, PI will be painful in freshwater though.

I live in Ohio and have a Tiger Shark. It's really nice but I kinda wish I had started out with an AT Pro instead. Hopefully the Tiger Shark will eventually bring me in enough to justify getting an AT Pro.

Nothing desolves as quickly in fresh water......so u wont lack tarets to dig thas for sure with a PI.

The Sand Shark is for salt water. The Tiger Shark is for fresh water. Using a Sand Shark in fresh water changes the phrase "happy hunting" to "happy digging."

I know that the tiger shark is more for fresh water but I also hunt in salt water. Iam planning a trip to pensacola florida for a week.
Pensacola you say? Well, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO! After your trip you can sell it and get an AT Pro. :lol:

Attachments

• Movie-Mustaches-Wizard-of-Oz-Doorman.jpg
    Movie-Mustaches-Wizard-of-Oz-Doorman.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 269
I know that the tiger shark is more for fresh water but I also hunt in salt water. Iam planning a trip to pensacola florida for a week.

You are inland most of the time and a pulse is going to drive you crazy..a used Whites Beachhunter, Fisher CZ20 or 21, a Excalibur would have been a better bet... I have hunted fresh water with a pulse and all I can say is bring a large pouch for all the iron you are going to waste your time digging. You could have rented a detector when you went on vacation in FL.. the Tiger Shark would have been a better choice for you.. its sensitive to small gold and works well in fresh water.

Good luck with a PI in fresh water. My arm is falling off just thinking about that. I think somebody else might be getting a good deal on a Sand Shark in the future...

Where there is iron there is gold (iron masks a lot), so it might be lots of scooping, but in the end its not a bad choice! Just in high season the others have a bigger advantage cause they can cherry pick :D

Here in the Netherlands in most (if not all) of the freshwater lakes you won't even find iron anymore cause to much of them pirates here :(

Can search for 4 hours freshwater not even finding one target ......

As others said, you will be digging,,,,,,but there has to be good stuff with all the unwanted iron targets,,,,,,I know myself I would spend the money and get an excal and eliminate a lot of that digging,,,,,there is enough unwanted digging without having to dig iron targets,,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom