Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II or BH Quicksilver

nathan86

I'm really new to detecting and these 2 are in my price range. They come with pinpointer and carrying case. I know they aren't the best out there but its from walmart which has free shipping and I also work for a distribution center so I will get a nice discount. I'm currently using a really cheap metal detector picked up from local trading post and it is not working for me that well. Its only feature is a discriminator knob that only works for nails and screws. I am not looking for top of the line. This is 100 percent hobby for me but only being able to find trash and coins at 2" max is not a lot of fun for me and my digger(my wife). I figure either of these will offer better results than I've gotten so far.

Thanks for any help

I used a pioneer ex which is a quicksilver...
DO NOT BUY THIS...trust me.

I am very leery about any bottom of the line product and you get what you pay for is usually true.

The quickdraw is probably a little better and I have read a few good reviews on it but...

My advice, forget these and get a Tesoro Compadre.
About $150 shipped from most dealers.
It is a real-deal detector with no whistles or bells or coil changing ability and a small coil to boot, but in the hands of someone that learns it's language it is awsome, according to most people here that use one.

Do a search on these on this forum and see why.
Check out a member called Tabdog and see what he finds with this.

And check this out....
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53172

HH

Hi Nathan and welcome. I started out with a Bounty Hunter and learned so much about the hobby using it. I found a lot of stuff, mostly clad coins and some rings. I have found that my BH 505 Pioneer is really good at identifying targets and I like to use it because it is so light. However, It is somewhat limited as far as finding deep older coins. I primarily hunt for silver coins and am now using an ace 250 but considering taking the plunge for a V3 because, while my 250 will go deeper than my 505 it too is limited (in my opinion) to finding the deeper silver out here in this rock infested, hard dry dirt in West Texas. Hope this helps and Happy Hunting my friend.

Nathan, I have hunted with a Quick Draw2 and it wasnt bad. You can also get a bigger coil for it for about $40. Its a 10 inch coil and will allow you to go deeper and cover more area faster. Hope this helps you

Thanks for all the info and tips guys. I am probably gonna search around for a better deal on a better machine. I am still saving up so I have plenty of time for more research. I will just stick with the cheapo that I am using til then.

Don't buy the quicksilver. I had one and it was terrible, no depth, little discrimination, and if the 9 volt batteries weren't like new you didn't get squat! Take the same money and buy ANYTHING else, maybe a ace 150, or one of the tesoro line.

I just remembered that I get a bonus next month so I will just spring for the Ace 250. That one seems like the most popular and its not a whole lot more than the BH.

Back
Top Bottom