Upgrade help... I can’t decide what to get

Lucertola

Forum Supporter
I currently swing a White’s M6. I love this machine but have had it a good many years and am thinking of upgrading. I mainly hunt old yards, parks, and fields.

Looking for recommendations on what to get. I am not set on any one brand and my budget is around 1k

I currently hunt mainly in north Texas but I have family in MS that have land along the Natchez Trace and am planning to get that way this summer.

Since I like to buy American I would recommend the Teknetics T2 + or the T2 SE.

These are great relic detectors and once learned they can be deadly.

I have the Classic and it does the job, but the two above have the boost mode.

If a waterproof machine is desired the Garrett AT Max would be a good choice.

I believe what you have is good enough . I have the same detector. If you don't have an 8 by 6 butterfly coil you should get one to me it increased my finds.

Since I'm assuming you have a pinpointer already I'd go with the Nox 800 (and buy from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies...he did well by me when I bought mine), or the AT Max. I have the AT Pro and Nox 800, and they both have their places. If I HAD to choose one, I'd go with the 800 because it CAN be used in salt water, although I haven't used it there yet. I'm still more comfortable with the AT Pro, but I'm working on learning the 800. If you're never going to be in salt water, get the Max, and the 5X8 coil.

I currently swing a White’s M6. I love this machine but have had it a good many years and am thinking of upgrading. I mainly hunt old yards, parks, and fields.

Looking for recommendations on what to get. I am not set on any one brand and my budget is around 1k

I currently hunt mainly in north Texas but I have family in MS that have land along the Natchez Trace and am planning to get that way this summer.

You have loads of choices and stay within your budget.
New Minelab EQUinox 800
New Xp Deus lite
New Xp ORX
New Nokta Makro Anfibio Multi.
New Makro multi Kruzer
New Minelab Equinox
New Fisher F75+
Used Etrac
Used any of the above

Read up on the above.
Pick one and go.

Hi,
I like the suggestions so far but I just want to add the Equinox 600 since it can do just about everything that the 800 can do unless you want to prospect for gold. I've had an M6 (really liked it except for the weight) and the Nox 600 is a big step up in my opinion. Also, the Whites MX7 and MXSport are very good detectors if your soil has fairly mild mineralization. Good Luck, Jeff

Back
Top Bottom