Please help

Absolutely aware that this happens and have had it happen to me. I'm just not willing to throw everybody in the same pot. And then stir. Especially on his first post. :no:

Read my posts again...I never said this guy was a scammer, I mentioned a few times he probably wasn't.
What I said was his first post sure came real close to looking like a classic scammer post...something he probably didn't realize he did.

As far as stirring the pot maybe you had better look at your hands and see if there is a spoon in one of them.
IDXMonster saw the same thing as I did in the OP's first post on this thread, probably several others that have been on these forums for awhile did too but they never bothered to make a comment.
You singled him out and called him on it.
Then you dinged him again after after he brought up the religious buzz word stuff.
I never would have posted what I did if you hadn't posted what you did in your reply.
In reality religious buzz words are one of the top things scammers use to do what they do.
Now you are coming after me and call my outlook on life sad...who made you king of all things?
If you would have kept to your own business and stayed out of it IDX's first reply would have come and gone and that probably would have been the end of it....but you didn't do that, did you, YOU are the one that started with the name calling.
Went out of your way using a forum hack to do it too.

Wow, just wow. Seems like some A$$uming to me. But then, i guess you admitted that.

Guess which one of us in this thread seems to have the biggest spoon around here?
Here's a clue...find a mirror.

Don't like our opinions, there is a handy feature here called an ignore button, use it and you won't get offended by what others think around here on most any subject.
Come back at me again and I sure am going to use it on you.

To the OP sorry about all the drama, shouldn't have happened in your first thread but like life it takes a village to inhabit these forums and everybody is different with all kinds of outlooks and opinions.
Sometimes it is just hard to keep them in check when the name calling starts and it gets ugly.

Last edited:
You neither need to defend yourself nor apologize to anyone here, as you've done nothing to deserve requiring either.

Thanks, I am sure IDX doesn't need me to defend him, he actually was mature and took the high road and ignored it but when name calling starts because one person doesn't agree with the views of others it just sticks in my craw.

I should have stayed out of it too because I did add to the drama in this thread, good intentions or not, so I think the OP did deserve an apology for that.
Usually I am a lover, not a fighter.

Back on topic, I'd suggest an AT Pro...cheaper than the Max, and almost all the features that you'd need.

I love mine...I don't use it often anymore because I have the Nox, but it's a wonderful machine

Evidently you have not had a lot of contact with scammers or con men in the world or were here for at least two that I remember that were cons.
At least one didn't ccome right out and ask for for a detector to be given to them either...at first.
I am telling you this is classic, first they disarm you with innocent behavior, don't ask for anything and then pretty soon after their circumstances change all of a sudden and that's when the begging starts.
They are usually in a hurry too, they are always new to the forum with only a few posts because scammers need to hit, score and then leave before they are found out.
I know of one that hit a few forums a few years ago but slipped up and was too obvious so word spread about him and he went away.
Another guy was better, smarter with a more believable story and ended up with kind hearted hunters sending him all sorts of things.
Once they score they move to another forum, change their name and try again.

It seems you have no experience with people like this, get off YOUR high horse and quit scolding and telling people to get over ourselves just because obviously you have no idea how it works in the real world and have no experience with behavior like this.
Lucky you, I have seen it happen in both the forums and in my 30 year brick and mortar retail life more times than I would have liked to.

Again, not saying this guy is a scammer at all, he probably isnt, it is just unfortunate that he came in here with his first post and worded it with a few buzzwords and very close to a way classic scammers do without realizing it.

Look folks...I don't care one way or the other. I don't have a machine to sell or give away or whatever, but To simply assume the guy is crooked because someone else was once in your life...well that is not the way I roll. BTW Digger...I like you man. You have always been available to answer my questions. You were the first person to respond to me when I first joined this forum years ago. I have no problem with you man. I would like to point out that I work in a very unique place that gives me DAILY contact with the type of folks you discribe. I am a Detention Officer and have been for the last 14+ years. I figure I have run into a con man or two in my day. :laughing:

Look folks...I don't care one way or the other. I don't have a machine to sell or give away or whatever, but To simply assume the guy is crooked because someone else was once in your life...well that is not the way I roll. BTW Digger...I like you man. You have always been available to answer my questions. You were the first person to respond to me when I first joined this forum years ago. I have no problem with you man. I would like to point out that I work in a very unique place that gives me DAILY contact with the type of folks you discribe. I am a Detention Officer and have been for the last 14+ years. I figure I have run into a con man or two in my day. :laughing:

Thank you for understanding my point Jesse. Happy New Year.

Back
Top Bottom