Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Lost and Found

Notices

Old 06-11-2016, 12:59 PM

Default Found wedding band

Had a client of mine lost his wedding ring 2 years ago. Found it 6 minutes. He was happy. Not sure if it was for the ring or showing his wife that he got it back! He was so excited he gave me run of his 3 acres on 125 year old house that once also had a dr office/pharmacy on it and was the house of the person who founded our town.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Supporter

WOW! Sounds like this could be a great hunt. Or many.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Elite Member

Thumbs up

Would love to see pics of the old coins you find.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:13 PM

Default Update

I went back this morning for 1.5 hours. I found 1 1992 penny. I disc metal 1-17. All I kept getting lots of 64-74. Everything I dug was beer and pop cans and old pull tabs.

I dug many foil signals to find foil. After, about 35 holes, I mean plugs, I gave up.

Best finds were the penny, a door hing, 12 plow points, 9 nails that were in the same holes of other things I was digging, a few unidentified scraps of iron, 1 small buckle probably from horse bridle.

I was disappointed. There is so much garbage like cans, pop tops etc, I think I'm going to not go back. It a shame because it looks awesome with 3-4 old sacks, huge oak trees and and 2 barns that aren100 years old. There has to be some old stuff but the whole grounds are groomed and planted. I can't mess that up!

Old 06-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Supporter

Dude! Theres gotta be an old privey around there somewhere! Just out the back door and a bit downwind! Find it and dig it up! Hey, nice work on the ring recovery...dont give up on that place just yet..Sometimes it takes a few passes just to get the 'feel' for it...With all that iron you found..you gotta KNOW there is old silver hiding in there!
Mud

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:52 AM
Elite Member

Location: Freeport, Panama City Beach, Santa Rosa Beach Florida
Cool You gotta pay to play!

A lot of good grounds have trash on them... that way you know two things, first is that people were actually THERE, and second you can rest assured that it probably is virgin ground with all that trash.

Put on a small coil, research the site, see if you can find old maps or aerial photos and search the areas around the shacks (you did mean shacks and not sacks, right?) and what would be walking paths between them first. DON'T GIVE UP BECAUSE OF THE TRASH! It's going to be a lot of work but it should prove worth it...

Old 06-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Elite Member

Disc put all the foil and pull tabs.. And iron..

Old 06-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Elite Member

Congrats on the recovery!

Old 06-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Supporter

Congrats on the ring return , Good Luck
HH