• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Please help

Prov3110

I have a bounty pioneer that I inherited when my daddy passed away. I’d really like to upgrade to something great for my son an I to enjoy together. The Garrett AT Max is the extreme top of my pay zone. In fact it’s out of my range, but I really think that’s what I want.
Please give me thoughts and/or places to get the best deal. Or if someone has an extra you may want to sell
Blessings
And Merry Christmas
Lance

I think there is one for sale in the classifieds forum for $500.

Note: It's not mine.

I have a bounty pioneer that I inherited when my daddy passed away. I’d really like to upgrade to something great for my son an I to enjoy together. The Garrett AT Max is the extreme top of my pay zone. In fact it’s out of my range, but I really think that’s what I want.
Please give me thoughts and/or places to get the best deal. Or if someone has an extra you may want to sell
Blessings
And Merry Christmas
Lance

Look at upper right portion of page.
You should see forum sponsors listed.
Click on it and a list of dealers will open.
Give some of them a call, they will assist you.

I have a crappy Chevy Cavalier but would like to upgrade to a new Corvette,which happens to be out of my pay range...but I’ve decided it’s what I want. If someone happens to have a spare they want to sell or perhaps donate I’d like that very much....
Joined 10 months ago,2 posts and one of them is essentially asking for something. I need to point this out so it’s VERY obvious because people still get hung with that whole,”Hi I’m a Prince from so and so....”
Just sayin’...

I have a crappy Chevy Cavalier but would like to upgrade to a new Corvette,which happens to be out of my pay range...but I’ve decided it’s what I want. If someone happens to have a spare they want to sell or perhaps donate I’d like that very much....
Joined 10 months ago,2 posts and one of them is essentially asking for something. I need to point this out so it’s VERY obvious because people still get hung with that whole,”Hi I’m a Prince from so and so....”
Just sayin’...

Wow, you sure read his post differently than me. Just seems to be asking if someone has a used one for sale.

Maybe I missed something, but your reply doesn't seem very "Friendly " to me.

Theres a guy up here that had a Bounty Hunter basic rig and is a subsistence hunter...He's pulled a lot of money with that thing..He really did alright with that rig...

I guess its because He's always out and looking...He's got a new rig in this picture...Its a Fisher of some sort that takes a 9v battery...I think he gave $200 for it...

Oh, I have a very crappy 2001 Chevy Prism...I do not want to upgrade, nor is She worth much If I were to ever sell...She is super dependable...I am completely content with Her...

Attachments

• dale.jpg
    dale.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 460
Don't knock the prizms (toyata corolla). I bought it used for $900 put 390,000 hard miles on one before a deer said hello to it.
Dependable, 33mpg and turned on a dime. Drove it instead of my 14mpg truck.

Wow, you sure read his post differently than me. Just seems to be asking if someone has a used one for sale.

Maybe I missed something, but your reply doesn't seem very "Friendly " to me.

It isn’t friendly,I’m being an !!!!!!! because EVERY time someone wants something for nothing they seem to incorporate the words associated with MY God...”blessings” or “prayers” or “proverbs”...and although I’m not a regular at the normal Sunday morning gatherings,Im SICK of people “preying” on the faithful,making them believe that their good deed will be rewarded in some way...

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn’t friendly,I’m being an !!!!!!! because EVERY time someone wants something for nothing they seem to incorporate the words associated with MY God...”blessings” or “prayers” or “proverbs”...and although I’m not a regular at the normal Sunday morning gatherings,Im SICK of people “preying” on the faithful,making them believe that their good deed will be rewarded in some way...

Wow, just wow. Seems like some A$$uming to me. But then, i guess you admitted that.

Maybe I'm naive, but I wouldn't just assume that somebody's using their faith to get a freebie.

God Bless.;)

I can see where you are coming from. It seems every time I hear someone asking for a handout, they use the term "God Bless" or "Bless you" and I agree that more times than not they are preying on the giving nature of a good "Christian"
I am not saying that is the case with this post BUT I have been around enough to get that feeling when someone is trying to take advantage of peoples good nature and it seems to be a more common occurrence than it once was.
I will tell you what, If the original poster can earn the $ to get an AT Pro I will send him an accessory or two to help him out. Just has to show me proof of where and when he bought it. Remember: "God helps those who help themselves" :roll:

Wow, just wow. Seems like some A$$uming to me. But then, i guess you admitted that.

Maybe I'm naive, but I wouldn't just assume that somebody's using their faith to get a freebie.

God Bless.;)

Why not...It has happened in this forum before a couple of times.
I doubt that they were truly religious though because they were scams every time, just liars and con men.

I had a retail store and it happened there a few times too, looking for free stuff.
They came in with the bless yous and all kinds of other religious buzz words too.
At first I was polite and told them no, when they wouldn't take no for an answer I eventually reached my breaking point and told them I was calling the police...they left in a hurry after that.

Not saying this guy was a scammer but his post sure came close to looking like the ones actual scammers listed here.
Real close in form and words.
If he was for real he didn't know that and hopefully he understands this and sticks around, if not we won't be seeing him again.

The man NEVER asked for anything to be GIVEN to him. He simply inquired if someone had a used one to sell. Geez people! Get over yourselves! You went straight to the "judgement zone" on him. Merry Christmas anyway...IF I am allowed to bring such a holiday into your presence.

Blessings
And Merry Christmas
Lance

The Garrett AT Pro is a real nice detector, and there are huge numbers of them on the used market. I've seen prices as low as $299, but $350-$400 probably more typical. The AT Max I read was just a bit better in DISC mode, more so in all metal mode. HH, George (MN)

The man NEVER asked for anything to be GIVEN to him. He simply inquired if someone had a used one to sell. Geez people! Get over yourselves! You went straight to the "judgement zone" on him. Merry Christmas anyway...IF I am allowed to bring such a holiday into your presence.

Thank you Jesse and Merry Christmas to you too.

Evidently you have not had a lot of contact with scammers or con men in the world or were here for at least two that I remember that were cons.
At least one didn't ccome right out and ask for for a detector to be given to them either...at first.
I am telling you this is classic, first they disarm you with innocent behavior, don't ask for anything and then pretty soon after their circumstances change all of a sudden and that's when the begging starts.
They are usually in a hurry too, they are always new to the forum with only a few posts because scammers need to hit, score and then leave before they are found out.
I know of one that hit a few forums a few years ago but slipped up and was too obvious so word spread about him and he went away.
Another guy was better, smarter with a more believable story and ended up with kind hearted hunters sending him all sorts of things.
Once they score they move to another forum, change their name and try again.

It seems you have no experience with people like this, get off YOUR high horse and quit scolding and telling people to get over ourselves just because obviously you have no idea how it works in the real world and have no experience with behavior like this.
Lucky you, I have seen it happen in both the forums and in my 30 year brick and mortar retail life more times than I would have liked to.

Again, not saying this guy is a scammer at all, he probably isnt, it is just unfortunate that he came in here with his first post and worded it with a few buzzwords and very close to a way classic scammers do without realizing it.

Last edited:
Evidently you have not had a lot of contact with scammers or con men in the world or were here for at least two that I remember that were cons.
At least one didn't ccome right out and ask for for a detector to be given to them either...at first.
I am telling you this is classic, first they disarm you with innocent behavior, don't ask for anything and then pretty soon after their circumstances change all of a sudden and that's when the begging starts.
They are usually in a hurry too, they are always new to the forum with only a few posts because scammers need to hit, score and then leave before they are found out.
I know of one that hit a few forums a few years ago but slipped up and was too obvious so word spread about him and he went away.
Another guy was better, smarter with a more believable story and ended up with kind hearted hunters sending him all sorts of things.
Once they score they move to another forum, change their name and try again.

It seems you have no experience with people like this, get off YOUR high horse and quit scolding and telling people to get over ourselves just because obviously you have no idea how it works in the real world and have no experience with behavior like this.
Lucky you, I have seen it happen in both the forums and in my 30 year brick and mortar retail life more times than I would have liked to.

Again, not saying this guy is a scammer at all, he probably isnt, it is just unfortunate that he came in here with his first post and worded it with a few buzzwords and very close to a way classic scammers do without realizing it.

I have to say it again, "Wow, just wow". Pretty sad outlook on life.

:laughing:
You're entitled to your opinion.
Not sad at all, I have a great out look on life...I just have experience with things like this and so I am careful.
If you think this doesn't happen you are another one that is either clueless or oblivious.

Absolutely aware that this happens and have had it happen to me. I'm just not willing to throw everybody in the same pot. And then stir. Especially on his first post. :no:

Back
Top Bottom