need to buy a good metal detector

semental

hello, I come from a town full of stories, bullets, and underground treasures!!

I need a metal detector to find gold, at least 1 METER deep (40 inches).
how much are they? and what brand should I get? garret? i really dont know anything about metal detectors.

My budget is low, so nothing over $800 :no: , I could still buy a used one...

thanks!

There arent any detectors that will go that deep. Even if they could you would leave a huge mess of the ground. I dont think you need to go that deep anyway. Ill bet the stuff is a LOT shallower than you think. Sounds like you have a good place to look. Just get a detector and try looking. Fisher F75 or most Minelabs go deep. I would try one of them. Hope this helps!!! Let us know what you find. Im really looking forward to your posts! Good luck!

i admit it 1 meter is too much , but 10 inches? :p how about 1.5 ft to 3 ft??

I'm looking for gold my man :D I know theres a lot around here I just need a good metal detector and start digging. I hate the fact that every metal detector (and their reviews on the internet/youtube) wont say anything about how deep they can go.

Like the Fisher f75, I dont know how deep it can go, can you answer that for me i apprecciate it !

the only ones with good depth i read about online are some "2 boxes" like the tf-900 but it looks old, (1981 design).

Im reading reviews about the f75 and it looks good, $1000 though...

thanks

How BIG of pieces of gold are you looking for? If you were looking for a strongbox full of gold, one of the two-box detectors might help, but if you are looking for an individual gold coin, even 1.5 - 3 feet is asking a bit much, especially considering gold is not one of the highly conductive targets.

Even the specialty gold detectors (outside of your budget) can only find the small nuggets relatively near the surface.

-- Tom

" Deep " for a handheld metal detector is 10 or 12 inches , with many machines not even reaching that depth. From what I know of most "gold specific" detectors they are not designed for depth but more for sensitivity to small nuggets close to the surface. I dont think there is anything out there that will find a gold nugget burried deep unless they make some sort of super-duper-large and expensive hi tech machine that nobody knows about.

How BIG of pieces of gold are you looking for? If you were looking for a strongbox full of gold, one of the two-box detectors might help, but if you are looking for an individual gold coin, even 1.5 - 3 feet is asking a bit much, especially considering gold is not one of the highly conductive targets.

Even the specialty gold detectors (outside of your budget) can only find the small nuggets relatively near the surface.
Well said.

-- Tom

how big are the pieces? small coins and sometimes bigger ones but they are all together for sure, at least 15-35, and they are usually inside a broken jar(85% of the time).

People didnt trust in banks before 1950's.

I hear that a f75 can find a coin at 15 inches but i have never seen it. Anyway if you need help finding the gold coins let me know. Like i said earlier ill bet they arent as deep as you think.

Around $700.00

I have a Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus detector with the Treasure Hound accessory coil. It works for me as a standard detector and when I want to search deeply I just put the control box on the Treasure Hound 2-box coils and start walking.

thanks for all the responses, I will try to get a good one for a good price.

Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom