Coffee

quaidmon

Forum Supporter
When did coffee become so complicated? If I'm out detecting and want a cup of coffee I go to a store where I add my own milk and sugar, or a deli where it takes 3 words "coffee medium regular".

I don't even know what a double mocha latte with extra foam is. Isn't a barista just some one who sells coffee? They make your coffee, charge you $4 for it and expect a tip. I'll stick to DD.

All I know about coffee is some taste better than others . Foamy with double lactate, shot of express and all that other stuff , I'm lost.

When did coffee become so complicated? If I'm out detecting and want a cup of coffee I go to a store where I add my own milk and sugar, or a deli where it takes 3 words "coffee medium regular".

I don't even know what a double mocha latte with extra foam is. Isn't a barista just some one who sells coffee? They make your coffee, charge you $4 for it and expect a tip. I'll stick to DD.

When? My guess would be when Starbucks became prolific and trendy with the people who have more money than sense. :roll:

Coffee has always been simple for me, I always drink it plain black without anything added, first really started drinking coffee aboard ship in the Navy, working 12 hour shifts it helped :lol:

Now it's usually Maxwell House coffee from a coffee maker at home, I rarely buy coffee out, it's just overpriced when buying by the individual cup, unless you're at a restaurant where you get free refills :lol:

:drinkcoffee:________:compcoffee:

Been drinking coffee since I was 14. Today, it's gotta be Duncan Donuts fresh-ground bean through a Mr Coffee, strong, black.

I also like to make a cold coolatta out of strong joe, Hershey's and a touch of milk. I throw that in a thermos for work.

My father goes for coffee 6 days a week, always around six AM. He meets people and talks, he sees people that work for the town, old friends of mine, and a woman in the store invited him to her grandmothers 96th birthday party. It was in Peru so he declined. She did bring back some treats for him.

Oh yeah... ordering a coffee can get pretty intense now days. I was lost the first time I stopped at a “take your bucks” since then don’t even do small, medium, large. :roll: But when your cold or need a boost you tend to persevere and figure it out. :lol: No crazy words or names are gonna keep me from some brew!

Fun fact I just ran across the other day. I had no idea but did you guys realize that although dark brew has a more robust flavor it’s light brew that has more caffeine?! :shock: that blew me away!

Dang millenials who don't know how to enjoy a real cup of coffe. The !!!! they buy from places like crapbucks is 50% milk, 25% sugar, 20% air and MAYBE 5% coffee, plus what they pay for one cup I can buy a whole pound of coffee.

Reminded me of the days of 10 cent cups of coffee back in the 60's......

1960_McD_menu.jpg1960s_TacoBell_menu.jpg

Even though I didn't drink coffee as a kid, I did like the smell of fresh ground coffee when they would freshly grind coffee beans at the A&P checkout counter.

8oclockcoffee2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom