First permission - bonanza farm

mwileb

I got my first permission tonight on a bonanza farm that was at it's height in the late 1890's. The owner said no one has touched it.
I'm still new to this, but was is common protocol as far as what you find? The owner just gave permission without any stipulations, but I want to do right to keep in his good graces. - Do you guys typically give anything as a token of appreciation, or is a simple thanks acceptable?

Well I guess it would depend on what you find. Most are not interested in relics, they think they are junk. The guy that gave me permission to hunt his family land said that he does not want anything but if I found some cool stuff he just wants to see it.

Congratulations on landing what sounds to be a promising hunting spot. There is nothing wrong with showing your appreciation but if you plan on asking permission on other sites then it can get pricey if you plan on buying people something every time you gain permission. Also if you give your finds away then it defeats the purpose of hunting, at least for me anyway. This is one reason I like to have business cards printed up then I can give them to the landowner and tell them if they need a detector to find anything like property markers or any lost items they can call on me. The other thing you can do is tell them if they need a hand with something to give you a call and you will help. Good luck and HH.

Back
Top Bottom