• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

WOW!!! River Relics Galore and my first US Plate!!!

The Wolf

Elite Member
I had an awesome day on the river, the water was nice and we got into a spot that just kept producing the goddies. I ended up with 14 three ring minnie balls, 2 other bullets that were carved, 2 eagle buttons, a knapsack hook, a pocket knife, a carved pewter fishing sinker, a brass artillery fuse (I think), some other whats-its, an old milk bottle, and my very first US box plate. :shock::shock: Its in amazing condition and I'm not cleaning it. It has both brass hooks intact. And my buddy found a eagle breast plate and a handfull of bullets. Heres the pics. Check out the bullet that has been carved into a fish head. Happy Hunting all.....Thanks for reading.. -Wolf

Attachments

• 7-3-12 3.JPG
    7-3-12 3.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 3,247
  • 7-3-12.JPG
    7-3-12.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 3,072
  • 7-3-12 7.JPG
    7-3-12 7.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 3,074
  • 7-3-12 4.JPG
    7-3-12 4.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 3,082
  • 7-3-12 5.JPG
    7-3-12 5.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 3,056
Wow!!!
You hit a hot spot..
That milk jug would be my new silver coin jar..
Congrats..
Sonnydigs

woah!

and I was happy to find two 3 Ringers lol

awesome finds! Congrats!

WOW is right! Those are some amazing finds! I think this is mind blowing material!

:clapping:

Wow this is most definitly mind blowing do you relize you have probley just found some museum grade items me personaly i wouldnt dream of selling thous but if you did im sure they would go for alot exspecialy if u have documentation of where they where found. congrats man id love to find some civil war relics.

what a spot! some awesome lookin relics right there! cool carved fish head but,whats the square thing? a lead dice? :?:

Yeah. I was thinking chess piece of some sort. It's got that same cross-hatching pattern on all 4 sides. Beats me but it was definitely a bullet at one point.

Wow this is most definitly mind blowing do you relize you have probley just found some museum grade items me personaly i wouldnt dream of selling thous but if you did im sure they would go for alot exspecialy if u have documentation of where they where found. congrats man id love to find some civil war relics.

Thanks! I would have to be going through hard times to sell my anything. I always document the good stuff and keep mental notes on everything else. PM me and head down to Richmond sometime. I'll take ya diggin.

Wow!!!
You hit a hot spot..
That milk jug would be my new silver coin jar..
Congrats..
Sonnydigs

Hey Sonny, not a bad idea at all. Or maybe I'll just fill it with my bullets for this year. Today puts me over 100 for 2012! HH

Thanks! I would have to be going through hard times to sell my anything. I always document the good stuff and keep mental notes on everything else. PM me and head down to Richmond sometime. I'll take ya diggin.

hmmmmm

I live an hour and a half from Richmond hehehe

Congratulations on the plate. She's definetley a nice one. The rivers are good to brass. You guy's are clearly having a ball. I need to take my hunting to the river. It's hot as crud here.

Congratulations on the plate. She's definetley a nice one. The rivers are good to brass. You guy's are clearly having a ball. I need to take my hunting to the river. It's hot as crud here.

Yeah i tried the woods yesterday. It was way too hot, even with a CamelBak full of ice water. Its easily 20 degrees cooler 15ft down. Try it out sometime. I stick to the woods in the winter and the river in summer.

hehe im down that way atleast every 2 months for work ill be in lenham on the 13th for a easy job.

Back
Top Bottom