lesche diggers

garviso8

Elite Member
just curious does anybody sharpen the dull side of their lesche digger was thinking of sharpeneing on a sander but thought it would look kind of menacing in a local park, things being what there are this days. :?:

I hit mine with a file about every two months. Not sharp like a knife just enough to cut the sod. If you get it too sharp rocks and iron scrap chip up the edge.

I sharpen both sides from time to time. Makes it easier to cut thru the sod and the ground that is a bit on the hard side.

Because our ground is mostly sand, I don't sharpen the point at all. I do however keep the teeth sharp as I run into roots a lot.;):yes:

just curious does anybody sharpen the dull side of their lesche digger was thinking of sharpeneing on a sander but thought it would look kind of menacing in a local park, things being what there are this days. :?:

I do feel more comfortable with my 30" lesche shovel than with a hand digger. I always keep in mind it could be a weapon against say an attacking dog. Once I was on my knees digging a hole with a hand tool and had ear phones only to look up into the face of big dog six inches away. but he was wagging his tale so no worry. Just sat up and said hello and his owner finally appeared and apologized. The only dog i truly distrust is a pit bull.

Some times in a local park early in the a.m. there are some sketchy males hanging around the park. feel better with my lesche, but sometimes just move to another park. I used to carry my small .25 colt in my pocket, but finally decided that if I have to hunt in parks where I need to carry, then maybe I don't need to be in those parks. After all this is a hobby.

Back
Top Bottom