• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A Dime Kinda Week, Includes a Trifecta

jack&jill

Elite Member
Well I put down the big coil this week and hunted the CTX with the standard coil. After the last few months with the 17 inch coil this feels like swinging a featherweight. Seems all I could get the coil over was Dimes, at least until the last Silver of the day today I was smiling as I landed a Silver GW to break the dime streak. Anyway got in four hunts this week all on permissions. Last Sunday I came home with six Silver Dimes which included a 1876s Seated. The trifecta included that, 3 Merc's and 2 Rosie's. First Silver on Monday was a Barber and then added 2 more Merc's. On Thursday got out again but was held to only two Silvers A Barber and another Merc, but did get my second Indian of the year. Then this morning before the rains hit again and added a Rosie along with the GW. The total for the week is 13 Silver coins and that now has me at 125 FTY. Oh the wife tried teaching me how to use my phone for pictures in the field. I still have some learning on how to take these shots as these did not come out to very well. As always thank you for looking and HH. Trapper

Attachments

• 5-6-18 .jpg
    5-6-18 .jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 5-6-18 1.jpg
    5-6-18 1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 357
  • 5-6-18 2.jpg
    5-6-18 2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 361
  • 5-8-18 02.jpg
    5-8-18 02.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 366
  • 5-8-18 03.jpg
    5-8-18 03.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 362
  • 5-12-18 .jpg
    5-12-18 .jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 326
  • 5-10-18 .jpg
    5-10-18 .jpg
    79 KB · Views: 357
  • 5-8-18 .jpg
    5-8-18 .jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 338
  • 5-8-18-01.jpg
    5-8-18-01.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 345
Dime a time! Good digs...got even better with the GW quarter. Congrats!

Hold your phone steady, and figure out the focus thing. Those field reveal shots are awesome when they are in focus. We want to see more!

Awesome finds Trapper! Nice job on the trifecta!
Thank you Tom, it's funny had the trifecta after the first three Silver coins just could not get a Barber to reach a grand slam. Barber was the first Silver the next day.
Congrats on a LOT of silver!
Appreciate the reply Toad. I hope to do even better with a few of the permissions I have.
That’s a lot of great targets,congrats on them all..Although I really like the seated the best.lol
I agree with you Butcher as i do like the Seatedv the best also. It is the only seated I have this year. I do hope a few more will come out yet this year to join her.
Congrats on the trifecta and other great finds, Trapper!
Thank you Wave for the nice comments. I have been blessed be digging a few trifectas over the years but it seems a lot tougher to do this days. Trapper

Dime a time! Good digs...got even better with the GW quarter. Congrats!
Hold your phone steady, and figure out the focus thing. Those field reveal shots are awesome when they are in focus. We want to see more!
Appreciate this reply Foragist, not only about my success but to give some aid to a non-techy. I will continue to try the field shots. That day was very sunny and i had a very hard time locating the coins to take the shots. Focus is the key.
All amazing recoveries to be proud of...congrats!
Always proud of digging Silver JAK, maybe more so when it comes to Indians. I don't dig an awful lot of them.
Very nice hunting jack! Gotta love those seated lady's! Good luck this week!
I do Jeff, Seated coins are my favorites. Just don't get to dig an awful lot of them. This was the first of the year for me. Sure hope it won't be the last.
Awesome finds Trapper !!! Congrats on all the silver.
Thank you again Dylan. I truly appreciate your reply's to my threads. Been getting a lot of rain lately, it's kinda limits some the digging time. Trapper

Ok so we have silver plastered all over this post !!! And now action shots from the field also? This is crazy 😜.
What a good week Trap.
Love the seated buddy .
And the trifecta it built.
Saturday night silver feaver 😎
Dew

+ 1, I really, really like that seated.
Thanks Busca, the Seated is the special coin. Wish I had a few more of them.
Another Awesome hunt!keep up the good work and keep us posted!
Appreciate the response Craig. I'll try my best to continue to keep it up.
Very nice dimes.
Thank you Addict. After a dozen straight on Dimes it was nice to dig a Silver Quarter.
Excellent pile of silver growing there Trapper!
It looks like we both scored GW's today:D
Thank you for the kind words Matt. The pile is growing and I'm pretty happy with that. Still I'd like to dig a few more oldies to go along with the Rosie's, Merc's and GW's. Trapper

Ok so we have silver plastered all over this post !!! And now action shots from the field also? This is crazy 😜.
What a good week Trap.
Love the seated buddy .
And the trifecta it built.
Saturday night silver feaver 😎
Dew

I'm tellin ya Brad!!

You're killin it Trapper, and those in the dirt shots, even blurry, are always my favorites and mine take place as the screen saver on my shop PC.

Congrats on another tremendous week and we look forward to watching this go down! :aok:

I'm tellin ya Brad!!

You're killin it Trapper, and those in the dirt shots, even blurry, are always my favorites and mine take place as the screen saver on my shop PC.

Congrats on another tremendous week and we look forward to watching this go down! :aok:

Here is another action shot from the field of the Legond himself. For those that do not believe he actually exists.
This is actually rare footage captured as Trap Re scans an area that just produced his first silver of 2018. A shiney silver Washington 👍
, Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1687.jpg
    IMG_1687.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 248
Back
Top Bottom