snake bite...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
anyone thinking about those pesky little serpents warming up this spring while we prance around in our shorts in the weeds? how many you noobs carry a kit and know what has to be done when o'l
imagesCAM4315L.jpg
pops up in your face.

A MO dept. of conservation officer officer once told my wife and a group of girl scouts that the most important thing you can have in case of snakebite is a set of car keys. Snakebite kits are mostly more dangerous to use than any good they do. Getting to proper medical care quickly is most important.
And yes, Missouri has its share of venomous snakes including rattlesnakes. I have personally come across two huge (At least four feet) timber rattle snakes while hiking in the Ozarks.

A MO dept. of conservation officer officer once told my wife and a group of girl scouts that the most important thing you can have in case of snakebite is a set of car keys. Snakebite kits are mostly more dangerous to use than any good they do. Getting to proper medical care quickly is most important.
And yes, Missouri has its share of venomous snakes including rattlesnakes. I have personally come across two huge (At least four feet) timber rattle snakes while hiking in the Ozarks.

good point if you take a car... i will be out of luck if i forget my cell phone

gear.jpg

rattlesnakes

I probably run across 200 rattlesnakes a year,I spend alot of time outdoors,but it has never been an issue,I just don't give em a chance to bite me.

Around here they are a blessing and a curse.......the rodents in this area have been known to carry bubonic plague (Black Death). The snakes eat the rodents........

Dusty

It is a give and take relationship for sure.. I try to avoid at all costs, but every once in a while one will get to aggressive. First two shots in my pistol are rat shot. They are shot shells for pistol..

Back
Top Bottom