• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1862 S seated half

Tom_in_CA

Elite Member
Got this at a stage stop in CA, that a buddy and I have been researching. And ... of course with the obligatory S mint mark (since we require our S mints to stay on this side of the Mississippi after all :cool: )

The coin is very environmentally "kissed", so I didn't bother with any further electrolysis.

Also shown is the associated age indicators from the site : Lantern parts, toe tap, henries, etc....

Attachments

• 20191206_071510.jpg
    20191206_071510.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 604
  • 20191206_071607.jpg
    20191206_071607.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 601
  • 20191206_062100.jpg
    20191206_062100.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 608
Way to go Tom. It's got some great detail on it! Better than the beach-toast Seated Half I found in Washington a couple weeks ago. Keep up the good work!

Where’s MY Seated half??? It seems EVERYONE is finding them, and with no effort at all! :cool3: Love it Tom, the other pile is damn cool too. There’s an entire story in there somewhere...

Very Cool I've yet to dig a seated quarter or Half got allot dimes... Congrats

Mike K "Ohio"

Must be nice living on the left coast finding gold coins and seated halves like clad while I’m sitting here in va lucky to find a wheatie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome finds Tom !!

Would love to know your secret for researching old stage stops.. I have TRIED to find any old maps, schedules etc.. in my area Jackson County Oregon but have yet to find any useful information.

GREAT Finds !!

Big Congrats. That is a very nice find. I would love to find one of those, bet you had a big smile on your face when you unearthed that beauty!

You probably thought you had an LC. Haha. Tom she's a beauty, looks great with the tarnish, it gives her character. Congrats on the half and all the other cool digs. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom