Muddy silver

Looks like Jeff is still on a roll this year.

We piled up over 27 inches of snow on the first two storms. Picked up another 3 last night. A buddy in CT has bare ground. I'll be going down there maybe next week for a day.

The season was pretty decent. Not too much for silvers, but the coppers, Indians and relics made themselves known.

Nice hunt Jeff! Four silvers in December here is excellent detectorin. Glad you left a little shiny for Bob too.

If it ain’t snowin’ or the wind ain’t blowin’ up a storm, Jeff will be out there
showin’ us how to get it done. :D

Muddy or not, those are some fine recoveries. Nice variety of years. Glad to see those "last minute" hunts are paying off for you. Looking forward to see your totals for this year. Hope next year is even better !!:D Happy Hunting !!!

Wow! You really had it good - ALL that silver and ONLY 16" of snow. 28.5" of snow here and no silver...

Congrats on your finds and your luck in not having to move so much snow.

Thanks everyone! I was using the AT Gold before it sold yesterday. Figured I would give her one more shake before she gets replaced with the Simplex :cool3: great machine, but is lacking technology that a millennial like me desires :laughing: ended up getting 3-4" of snow the night after this hunt. I was able to hunt a couple hours each day after the storm, and will make a post as soon as I get a few minutes to take some pics. This spot is a wooded section of a park (opened around 1900) that surrounds a pond. Lots of old walking trails out there, and steep hills which I'm visioning in my mind, were used as sled hills back in the day. Quite a few coins have come of the steep hills. Problem is its loaded with homeless trash. Can tops, beavertails, melted aluminum that sounds absolutely fantastic on just about ANY machine! The coil lift technique is apllied quite a bit in this location, but I have found silvers merely inches from can tops in this place, so you gotta go slow and pick through the barrage of music and pick the best notes. One of the most difficult spots (trash wise) I have hunted. Will report back soon everyone, thanks for the comments, and happy holidays!

Back
Top Bottom