Water Hunting In The Early Morning Rain

Cupajo

Elite Member
I was hunting for a lost ring in the rain this AM. Two hours of Dual Field hunting and Diablo diggin in what I would call "the quarry".

"Somewhere on the right side of the breakwater is where the young husband lost his white gold wedding ring over a year ago." a family member told me.

The far end is under a foot of water and is a dark spot way out there.

Many of the moss covered slabs of stone are over a ton and close enough together that some targets would need a jack hammer and/or dynamite to reach them!

At one point I slipped and fell (It's been years since I've done that!) and managed to regain my footing after a struggle of perhaps thirty seconds.

I kept dry thanks to a dry top cinched over my waders with a belt keeping everything snug and am none the worse for wear.

This is without doubt the worst footing I have ever hunted in and I will only resume the search for the ring after the owner shows me himself where he thinks he lost it!

I did manage to recover a few targets including a large brass good luck piece, a silver nickel and some fishing sinkers.

The dark line on the horizon in the picture is Long Island, New York.

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Attachments

• Diablo Finds Recovered 027 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 027 (Large).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 271
  • Diablo Finds Recovered 030 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 030 (Large).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 274
  • Diablo Finds Recovered 031 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 031 (Large).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 277
  • Diablo Finds Recovered 034 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 034 (Large).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 266
  • Diablo Finds Recovered 038 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 038 (Large).jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 277
Glad you're OK!

Great finds, and more importantly, glad you're OK! I went down a few weeks ago in rough surf on Long Island, and my right arm STILL hurts where I banged it on the sandscoop! You were lucky. A really good reminder to ALWAYS use a good water belt when wearing waders! :cool:

CJ... I wouldn't be surprised if that ring got thrown up on shore after Irene.. I have been finding a few gold rings that were in the water up on the slopes..

Yeah I got lucky this time!!

I'll be checking the wet/dry for sure Craig!

Thanks for your replies Friends!

CJ

Back
Top Bottom