Etrac headphone question

MD Hunter

My factory koss headphones are breaking. The strain relief is no longer functional, and the sound is staring to break up. I was thinking of getting a new 90 degree headphone jack, and another pair of the factory headphones, but am open to suggestions.

So for any Minelab users, what headphones have worked well for you? I am willing to go wired or wireless.

Thanks, Brian P.

I'm using an E-trac and I use Sunray Gold Pro headphones. Their a bit on the expensive side but the quality and sound are fantastic. I figured, I spent all this $$$ on a nice detector, why use crappy headphones. Good luck with your choice.

i ran wireless on most my machines (GTI1500,AT pro, Etrac, and now my CTX). i run the Auvio 33-283 (which are now hard ta find) but you can find some very similar pairs, once you go wireless you won't want anything else

I haven't had my Etrac very long but when I bought it I also bought a set if the black widow headphones. granted I'm still new with the Etrac but so far I really like them they have good sound quality and are very comfortable as well. kept the koss headphones for my F2 if someone wants to go along they have a decent pair to use with it.

I'm using Liberty headphones and like them a lot. Wireless would be nice, though.

auvio 33-284

I am new to the wireless headphones and cant seem to find any auvio 33-283s at any Radio Shack or online store at this time. I was wondering if the auvio 33-284 earbuds would work with my Garrett ace 250. I saw that the 284's run at 900MHz and the 283's at 2.4. with Kleer technology. thanks for the help and any other options are appreciated.

I am new to the wireless headphones and cant seem to find any auvio 33-283s at any Radio Shack or online store at this time. I was wondering if the auvio 33-284 earbuds would work with my Garrett ace 250. I saw that the 284's run at 900MHz and the 283's at 2.4. with Kleer technology. thanks for the help and any other options are appreciated.

yea the 33-283's were discontinued last year and are tough ta find now, from what i heard the battery life is poor on the earbuds. this guy sells some 2.4mhz that i hear are equal to the quality of the auvio's http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=124936
i also hear that the TDK wr700's are very good but are alittle more costly

I did some comparitive toning when I had my E-Trac and really like the Grey Ghost Ultimates. I have the Sunray ProGolds now for my CTX and like those as well.

Greg

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I am still looking. Dogpound I have read numerous times how your an advocate of the Auvio, but I am not gonna find any.

I would consider wireless but would like more feedback on what setups have worked for others and are still available.

Thanks guys, Brian P.

Types of headphones

Had a pair of Garrett's but those wire prongs for adjustment, the whole thing came apart pretty quickly.

My E-Trac came with Koss 30's, and they had the same type of construction. So I knew they wouldn't stand up to the punishment we put them through.

So, I went for a good pair based on the construction. Went to Best Buy and looked for "sturdy".

Nowadays you need an adapter plug for the 1/4" jack.

And you absolutely need one with volume control because sometimes those targets just SCREAM!

Thanks Dogpound for the information, I just got a set of TDK wr700's.

Back
Top Bottom