Craftsman Garden Planter Tool Half Off = $7.49

Captain Morgan

The price will automatically be adjusted in the cart for checkout. Check the "IN STORE PICK UP" option if you live near a Sears and pick up in 1 hour.

Craftsman Garden Planter Tool

Product Description

Garden Planter Tool

Versatile tool solves all your gardening needs
Strong, long lasting stainless steel blade can be used for cutting sod and twine
Serrated edge is perfect for opening bags of soil and gardening mix
Blade acts as a convenient measuring tool
Comfortable wear resistant handle
Carrying Case included

Online Only. One Day Final Price - $7.49 for this item Sold by Sears! Discount applied at checkout. Offer ends 08-Sep-2010.

Craftsman Garden Planter Tool Sold by Sears for $7.49 online only. Additional discounts do not apply. No Sears store price matching is permitted on this offer. Offer good through 08-Sep-2010

Didn't miss anything.....

The planters buddy has a much nicer handle. Big fat area for pushing down on with your palm. Ames is worth the extra $4.00 !
Marty

Is this basically an inexpensive Lesche? Craftsman has a lifetime guarantee to survive wear and tear. If something goes wrong, you can just return it for a new one. This might be a good alternative seeing as I can walk to my local Sears.

Cool

Anyone use this yet? Anyone know the total length? I may have to hit Sears Friday and pick one up. Have the AMES, but just too large for my hunting... feels like I am carrying a baseball bat. :lol:

I am hoping this Sears one is about the 10 inch length... would be perfect in size for me. So, if anyone can report on this one... sure be neat to hear.

DONT BUY THIS.

I'm taking mine back after an hours use. It's sharp enough, but this is one painful monster to use. You'll have blisters from the hard handle with sharpish edges.

Malco Duct knife?

Howdy... I picked up the Malco Duct Knife last night from Home Depot... about 11 bucks. I did go to sears and checked oout that other one... looked huge, pluse, you are correct, the handle is made of hard material, no rubber/cushion. Dunno if you bought something else yet... but you could check what the Malco looks like etc... I have not yet used mine (I will tonight) but it seems to be pretty rugged etc... very sharp on both edges. Google the "Malco Duct Knife" if you want to see what it looks like. I can try and report of whether it held up to my abuse tonight by tomorrow sometime. Again, fairly inexpensive, "seems" to be solidly built... but the proof will be when I try it tonight etc. Figured if it breaks, I'm out 11 bucks, no big deal. The knife is sold and decribed all over the internet as well as Home Depot etc.

We'll see. Good luck in whatever you do. And oh yeah, if you do get the Malco Duct Knife... yo may want to check out the park and city/state laws etc... this knife has a 6 inch blade and 5 inch rubberized handle etc. I'm just sayin. :D

Quick update...

Ok, did not hunt last night... seems all my parks and fields were in use (its ok though, its called re-supply, lol). But went out this moring (found my first gold ring - posted about it elsewhere, pretty happy though)... anyways, this Malco Duct Knife has worked pretty good for the time I used it this morning... pretty happy with it so far. Goes in real nice due to the point and sharp edges... pries pretty well (so far)... will update if it breaks etc. But, for a first report - I like it. So far its perfect for what I had been looking for (for this dirt out here in AZ anyways)... not sure how it will do on the concrete like dirt... but for the really tough grass of the park I hunted... worked great!

The planters buddy has a much nicer handle. Big fat area for pushing down on with your palm. Ames is worth the extra $4.00 !
Marty

I agree, I have two ames, and while people tout for lesche, but my ames works great, more than half the price and still working strong. And I can find it locally in a pinch. No need for high end brand names for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom