Road Trip to Florida

Vlad

Owner/Administrator
Admin
Hey guys, we are going for a wedding in DC on June 3 and have an invite from a friend in Fort Myers FL to go there after that. We are driving down and bringing our detectors. I haven't explored the southern states yet, so it is going to be a fun adventure.

We are probably going to be stopping and detecting a lot of beaches between DC and FL. If anyone wants to meet and detect with us, please let us know. We'd love to meet as many forum members as we can on this trip.

We'll be taking our laptop with us, so as long as we have internet connection, we'll be updating you on our journey.

We can meet either on our way to Florida or on our way back to Connecticut. We plan on traveling I-95 and being on the road from June 4th to ?

Regardless, if you can point us to any good spots, especially beaches, and some touristy spots we sure would appreciate it.

Vlad and Carol

Hey Vlad & Carol
Can't help you on any spots but do wish you a safe trip and hope your finds are good. As for myself have not done much MDing. Have this new boat and been into it . But now that the beach weather might be on us,will try to hit the beaches at least once a week. Have fun and hope to see your finds.
L.I. Mike

Everybody seems to be heading to Fl. right when I have to go to Mass.
Leaving may 31st and coming back June 12th. Tony will be 1 1/2 hours north and Vlad and Carol 1 1/2 hrs. south. Oh well maybe next year.
:roll:......Gil

Hey, good luck to the two of you and have fun. Be safe and God speed....Aguila

Vlad,Wrightsville and Carolina beaches NC.Down I40 off of 95 are good spots.Then Myrtle Beach SC another hour and a half down the road.I'm off the 4th and 5th if you guys need a tour guide.

Good Luck to you and Carol!!! - I'm jealous - been wanting to take mine time and hunt down the coast for 2 weeks one of these years - but little lady always makes other plans.

It would be neat if you could get at least one gold from every state you go thru

Thanks everyone, we are real exited about going.
Does anyone know which Florida beaches are off limits for detecting?

Hermit, PM me your cell # and we'll call you when we get to your area.

It would be neat if you could get at least one gold from every state you go thru

That would be nice Casper, we will keep you all posted :yes:

You are good to go on most gulf coast beaches where you can find public parling..............Best of luck to you and Carol......Gil

Thanks Gil, don't want to get into any trouble while we're there. Good luck to you in Mass!

Thank you all! We haven't had a real vacation for about 5 years, so we're going to enjoy every minute of it, I'm sure.

We are leaving tonight!

Anyone knows about a good source of free wi-fi spots?

Never mind Vlad,I did a search to figure it out.
Google that baby,There was a site that had State by State listings.
Might help?????

... and don't forget your video and digital cameras.
Wanna see some pictures of the land I'll never get to see. ;)
Safe journey. In God, we trust. (you know... to watch over you!)
(hope that's not politically incorrect to say that in front of anyone. Don't mean to be "disrespectful" to anyone's beliefs...!)

Back
Top Bottom