Finally hit $100 in clad!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Amanda and I set a goal to find 100 dollars In clad this year. I didn't know we'd reach that goal by May LOL. This is definitely one of our milestones so to speak. Trying to keep track for the entire year should be a blast! Can't waot to see What our year end totals are. I remember being absolutely stoked to find PENNIES!

I do the same with rings and it always seems to be hard at the start then they just roll in easy at the end.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Congrats on reaching your clad goal so early in the year. :goodjob:You're well on your way to a much loftier total than you hoped for. Good luck the rest of the way in 2019. Each year Sue and I set a goal of $500.00 in clad for the two of us combined.
We've hit it every year up to and including 2015 which was our best year.... $1,089:money: for the two of us. The next three years we didn't hit it with the totals going down each year. 2018 was our worst year. We'll see what this year brings but the weather has been against us this year with a lot of rain. I don't know how you keep a tally for yourself but we have printed sheets that we use to keep track of our finds as we go along.

Congrats on reaching your clad goal so early in the year. :goodjob:You're well on your way to a much loftier total than you hoped for. Good luck the rest of the way in 2019. Each year Sue and I set a goal of $500.00 in clad for the two of us combined.
We've hit it every year up to and including 2015 which was our best year.... $1,089:money: for the two of us. The next three years we didn't hit it with the totals going down each year. 2018 was our worst year. We'll see what this year brings but the weather has been against us this year with a lot of rain. I don't know how you keep a tally for yourself but we have printed sheets that we use to keep track of our finds as we go along.

$500 would be awesome! I couldn't imagine finding over $1000! Hopefully the weather turns towards your favor soon.... I'm sure you'll hit your goal. We keep track using an old notebook and counting up totals after each trip. Its a primitive method but it works plus it lets me count the clad jar a bunch more haha

Good deal, Chris!

You are way ahead of me.

I've been too busy beatin' back the bushes looking for old bottles.

Thanks! I never knew how much "free money" was really out there till we started metal detecting LOL. Now everywhere we go I can't help but wonder how much change is buried in the front lawn..

So being relatively new to the hobby, what's the deal with bottle hunting? It looks really cool and seems like something I would be into, I've just never heard of it....

Good goal. Very doable. One year I barely made it to that 100 dollar mark. But I will always remember it. HH

IF your haul is representative of the “normal” distribution of US coins, you should have about 8 pounds of coins. Research suggest it’s about $12.50 per pound.

We suffer from low value coinage. We are in Norway to see some family of my wife’s. I was at a little park yesterday for about a half hour. I found 6 coins - total value was about $4.50. The highest value coin here is worth $2 and the lowest is worth about 12 cents.

Amanda and I set a goal to find 100 dollars In clad this year. I didn't know we'd reach that goal by May LOL. This is definitely one of our milestones so to speak. Trying to keep track for the entire year should be a blast! Can't waot to see What our year end totals are. I remember being absolutely stoked to find PENNIES!

It adds up. I'm about 1/2 what I usually find, but it's because I'm at 1/2 of what I usually take time to hunt!

Past years, I've ranged between $800 and $1200 in clad each year.

Stay on it! Find a snowcone stand, and get permission to detect that. You'll nail $20 in an hour or two. LOL

Skippy

So being relatively new to the hobby, what's the deal with bottle hunting? It looks really cool and seems like something I would be into, I've just never heard of it....
Dig hundred plus y.o. bottles, fun! I dug a farm dump local Bitters and it’s really rare, “Webbs Improved Stomach Bitters”. Me a 15 year old digger back in the 70’s. I also dug a perfect set of German gold framed bi focals with lens intact. Lost ‘em and can’t find ‘em to this day. :?:

Back
Top Bottom